Freedom of speech is free
freedom of speech
Freedom of expression means the right to freedom of expression. Everyone has the right to express their opinions and ideas freely and publicly or to discuss them with others. But that does not mean that everything can be said publicly. The state can restrict freedom of expression, for example, where it endangers peaceful coexistence or security or where the fundamental rights of other people are violated.
In Austria it is forbidden to hate other people through public statements - e.g. because they have a different skin color, language, origin or religion or because they live with a disability. Likewise, the abuse and disparagement of people based on their age, gender or who they love is forbidden. The mockery of recognized churches and religions or the "disruption" of church services is forbidden in Austria - as in many other countries.
In addition, it is not allowed to publicly insult anyone or knowingly give false information about another person. No advertising for National Socialism may be made and the crimes committed under National Socialism may not be denied (Prohibition Act).
In Austria, the right to freedom of expression is enshrined in the constitution and is also guaranteed in the European Convention on Human Rights signed by Austria:
State Basic Law Article 13:
Everyone has the right to freely express their opinion within the legal limits by word, writing, printing or visual representation.
European Convention on Human Rights
Article 10: Freedom of Expression
Paragraph 1: Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right includes the freedom of opinion and the freedom to receive and communicate messages or ideas without interference by public authorities and without regard to national borders (...).
© Copyright 2008 by Verlag Jungbrunnen, Vienna, on behalf of the Austrian Ministry of Education.
This lexicon is also available in book form, published by Jungbrunnen Verlag, Vienna. It is available in many libraries.
- Steal items to sell online
- What percentage of the ancient Greeks were educated?
- What is modern betrayal
- Which job combines architectural engineering and sustainability
- How to say 700 in Spanish?
- Is there a limit to Tirumala Darshan
- Which is better diamonds or crystals
- Why do western people like Indian culture
- I am disgusting why I can still live
- How do banks make ACH transfers
- Sangh Pariwar workers cause unrest
- What causes instant mood swings
- How important is Japan for Indonesia
- Is suicide viewed as selfish or selfless
- Why are crime rates rising in Malaysia?
- Is Sweden still safe?
- How do fate and goal differ?
- How is the character of a person defined?
- Is it true that French girls don't shave
- Are Caribbean medical schools recognized in Canada
- What are the main teachings in Buddhism
- Where are Davidoff cigars made
- What is water resource technology
- Are atheists not afraid of God's punishment