Why should humans protect wild animals
How I can protect the animals in my environment (with video)
Species protectionjeffhochstrasser / istockphoto.comIn Germany, humans have become the beavers' greatest enemy. In places where rivers and streams are straightened, expanded or dammed, the quality of life for the beaver decreases.
Species extinction worldwide has one main reason: humans. His behavior endangers animals, plants and even entire landscapes. But everyone can help so that beavers, hamsters and Co. are not threatened with extinction.
06.04.2017sto article: Download PDFPrintShareFeedback
Author: Esther Stosch
Category: News, Climate, Environment, Sustainability, Creation, Dossier
Keywords: climate protection
Birds and insects, small mammals, amphibians and reptiles - more and more animal species are threatened with extinction in Germany. “On the one hand, this is due to environmental damage and pollution,” explains agricultural engineer Maren Heincke, “but also because the biotopes are increasingly dwindling”. The environmental expert from the EKHN's Center for Social Responsibility gives tips on how each of us can contribute a little to the preservation of creation.
Tips for on the go:
- In nature reserves and game reserves strictly observe the directions. That means: No geocaching, mountain biking or going cross-country, because the animals need their quiet rooms.
- Do not throw rubbish into nature. If there isn't a trash can nearby, just take the rubbish home with you.
- Take protective measures seriously. Most of the prohibition signs are not intended as a nuisance for those passing by - they protect the defenseless.
- In regions like Rhine-Main, South Hesse and Central Hesse there are Urban gardeningProjects. They offer the opportunity to contribute to environmental protection in a community. Herb beds, for example, are very insect-friendly.
Tips for balcony and garden owners:
- Native and insect-friendly plants and choose bushes. Even small areas of two to three square meters help bees, bumblebees and butterflies. Nurseries, tree nurseries and garden centers usually have insect-friendly plants on offer. Aktion Deutschland humt gives tips for insect-friendly gardening.
- Environmentally friendly crop protection It does not kill all aphids, but they are the source of food for ladybugs. In a near-natural garden, the insects prevent pests from multiplying on their own.
- When peat is extracted, peatlands around the world are destroyed. With peat-free potting soil these habitats are protected.
- The animals only get where there are plants. The small green oases are restful places in the city for all living beings.
- Danger! The plants shouldn't be poisonous, but rather "edible" for children. In this way, even the youngest get to know nature right from the start.
Tips for home and garden owners:
- Create "wild corners" - A trimmed lawn may look chic, but it is no home for the domestic animals. A compromise between modern garden design and biodiversity are small nature reserves in your own garden. The challenge: Don't pull weeds, just observe.
- Insect-friendly plants include native shrubs and perennials. These also offer Nesting opportunities for birds.
- When the house is great Glass fronts this can lead to “bird strikes”. Appropriate sticker prevent the animals from dying.
- Pile of stones and leaves Hedgehogs and Co. offer a home.
Tips for pet owners:
- Wild animals are not only disturbed by humans in nature reserves. Therefore only helps: Leash dogs.
- Domestic cats like to eat songbirds, so it helps: Tying a bell around cats.
Do you have tips for environmentally conscious action? This list only outlines a few tips for sustainable behavior. Send us your information by email and we will add it here.
Email to the editor
“Everyone can make a contribution to preserving biodiversity,” says Maren Heincke. Those who act cautiously “can at least help to slow down the decline”. She cites the protection of the forest and the ozone layer as good examples of successful climate protection: “Here, people have acted together quickly and worldwide and thus achieved something.” After all, biodiversity is the very basis of life. The environmental expert emphasizes: “The diversity of species makes this planet earth a habitable planet. I believe that more and more people are realizing that we are not making any progress with our continued growth today and that the losses are taking on threatening proportions. ”There is still a gap between knowledge and action, but the experience of the past 40 years has shown: "It's worth the effort."
What is biodiversity?
Biodiversity is the technical term for biodiversity. It describes the genetic diversity within the individual species, but also how many species of plants and animals there are on earth and the diversity of habitats. The extinction of species is largely due to the disappearance of the biotopes.
Biodiversity in the Bible
A huge flood was supposed to cover the earth and destroy all life on it. But God wants to save Noah and his family and with it all kinds of animals:
“Take with you seven of all clean animals, the male and his female, but of the unclean animals one pair each, the male and his female. 3 Likewise of the birds under the sky seven each, males and females, in order to keep offspring alive all over the earth. ”(Genesis 7: 2–7: 3, there is more from the Bible on the Bible server)
More about climate protection at EKHN.de
Hessen actively promotes biological diversity
Gardening in a bee-friendly way - Aktion Deutschland is buzzing
- Are you bothered by the prospect of aging
- Why is Nepal not a developed country
- Why not publish books like newspapers
- What are some examples of totalitarianism
- Why should I study linguistics
- What is Technovate in IIIT NR
- What are some examples of minimalist furniture
- What are life and our purpose
- What does Labor stand for?
- Why is journalism important to society
- Why don't people accept their mistakes?
- Why alcohol doesn't taste that good
- Is South Africa in the Commonwealth
- As known, the IndiaHCI conference is worldwide
- What's wrong with the Hindu newspaper
- Why don't I like girls
- Women experience power differently than men
- In Canada, provinces have income taxes
- How does teenage pregnancy affect students?
- What are acts of self-sacrifice
- How should people be classified as refugees?
- My cat knows that I love him
- How can I be tech savvy
- Do you trust rude people