Is physical strength stronger than spiritual strength
Strength is something that can be developed. There is physical strength, muscle strength developed through exercise, muscle strength training, strenuous yoga asanas like hero, cobra, the boat, etc.
In the same way, you can also develop spiritual strength, as well as strength in your job and in your ability to assert yourself. By constantly looking for new challenges or consciously accepting life's challenges, you develop your inner strength.
Anyone who really practices meditation every day, practices their yoga exercises, also develops inner strength - with which one can then shape one's life. It is good to do what is to be done with joy. But sometimes it is just a matter of doing what is to be done.
Those who are able to live up to their responsibilities develop strength. It is also important to consciously take on new tasks and welcome life. With every difficulty - and every nice experience, you grow. And with everything that is difficult, one cultivates inner strength.
Strength - a virtue. What is strength Where does the word come from? What is strength good for? What are synonyms and what are the opposite of strength? Extensive article with lecture video and tips.
Different forms of strength
Physical strength expresses itself through a powerful, efficient body. It can give people self-confidence, manpower, perseverance and productivity.
Psychological or emotional strength helps the person who has fallen from their midst, for whatever reason. It gives him the confidence that he will be held, carried and guided. Whenever a person feels weak, injured or sick, this strength helps him to develop new strength, energy, confidence and optimism. She puts him back on track.
Emotional strength gives people the sensitivity to empathize with others and thus to have a helping and supportive effect. Sensitive people are a gift for those seeking help, as they also usually have a subtle charisma that gives the other the feeling of trust and acceptance.
Mental strength gives people the strength to recognize themselves as they are, to accept their being and also to use it sensibly where it is appropriate. Mental strength ensures endurance and stamina even in difficult times; it can analyze, decide, act - but also abuse. Since every thought is a vibration that immediately reaches another being, it is advisable to choose your thoughts carefully. Just as sent out thoughts have a healing and supportive effect, they can also manipulate and damage. Since every thought comes back, the positive as well as the negative quality of the thought is very important.
Spiritual strength is the power to connect with or become one with the divine aspect. The basic trust that grows out of it lets us be equanimous with the flow of life, the beautiful and also the less pleasant experiences and accept them. We know that they are only helpful stumbling blocks that allow us to mature and thus advance our development.
Holistic yoga helps us to develop, increase and maintain strength. Asanas, pranayama and cleansing make our bodies healthy and strong; Concentration, contemplation, positive thinking and meditation promote our spiritual power and bring us into connection with our source.
Strength as a helpful virtue
From a lecture by Sukadev Bretz
Mahatma Gandhi once said: "Ahimsa, non-harm, non-violence, is a virtue of the strong. Ahimsa is difficult to practice by the weak." Sometimes they say love and mercy is a sign of weakness. The strong want to prevail. But already Jesus said: "Blessed are the peaceful, they will rule the world."
To be truly peaceful, you have to be strong. In the same way, in order to let love be there permanently, in order to be able to really act permanently out of love, you need an inner strength. And love can also give you strength. For example, if a mother sees a danger for her child, then she is ready to do anything for her child. Their physical strength also increases.
For example, you once noticed a mother picking up a car when she saw that her child was under it. She could do that, strength comes from love and you also need true strength to turn a temporary love into a permanent love. And to act out of compassion, even and especially when you are attacked, to act out of compassion and to remain in compassion and love, even and especially when people threaten you or if you are slandered, you need to do so Strength.
Love and compassion need strength. Do not think that if you are acting out of love and compassion, then all people will be kind to you. Some are, many are, but not all. And so it is good if you immediately realize that if you are acting out of love and compassion, then it is good to have strength. And love and compassion will also give you strength and so you grow in love, you grow in compassion and you grow in strength.
Develop strength and courage
Excerpts from Swami Sivananda's book "Samadhi Yoga"
You should have physical strength as well as mental and spiritual strength. You have to develop them step by step. An athlete with a strong, wiry body will still cry when suffering from an illness. He has no mental strength. No matter how great difficulties and problems a person of spiritual strength can endure. He always keeps a calm mind.
You want physical, mental, moral, and spiritual strength. You need strength at all times, but especially in times of restlessness, confusion and turmoil. The Upanishads speak of strength. The Shrutis emphasize, "The Atman cannot be attained by a weak person." From a memory of Atman, the Source of All, is born the true spiritual power that is so much needed today. You are the immortal atman in the essence of being. Never forget that. The calm and serene power to face the struggle of life, the difficulties of worldly existence, arises from the knowledge of your true, essential nature.
Never think, "I'm a failure." Chase away misconceptions. Be brave like a lion. Always be cheerful. In truth you are atman (soul). This body is just a shell, just a hole that needs to be thrown away. Nobody can add anything to Atman. He is invulnerable. Who can hurt their own self? Absurd. Walk like GuruGovind Singh. Leave the shyness behind you. Shake off everything silly. Speak with force and force. Repeat the Gayatri mantra 1008 times a day, being aware of its meaning and bhava.
When your house is on fire, how bold you will run in there to save your sleeping child! You must be just as brave when you are walking on the spiritual path. You have to be absolutely fearless and not in the least bit attached to your body. Only then will you quickly achieve self-realization. Timid people are absolutely unsuitable for the spiritual lineage.
Alexander the Great once spoke to a sannyasin who was sitting naked on a boulder on the banks of the Indus. He was very impressed with the old man's wisdom. Alexander lured the sannyasin with gold and honors and implored him to come with him to Greece. The sannyasin smiled and refused. Then the emperor said in an imperious tone: "Oh Sannyasin, I will kill you if you do not come with me."
The sannyasin burst out laughing and said: "Oh mighty emperor, you have never said anything so absurd in your life as you have just said. Who can kill me; I am atman - immortal, unborn and immortal?" That is the strength that arises from wisdom, from knowing the self. Friends, get that inner spiritual strength and walk happily and fearlessly through this world.
Don't hang out with people the mind absolutely doesn't like. Live alone. Be free from thirst for revenge. Keep calm when people make fun of you or talk badly of you. Just give it a Vedantic smile. Show your strength. Stay in those places where you are offended. In this way you will quickly gain immense strength. Your pride will soon be gone. Mere intelligence and book knowledge will not be enough. A person who is loving, free from irritability, who is adaptable and humble, and who has the knowledge of how others take you into their heart (through constant service in love and humility), can live happily and peacefully.
Overcoming many obstacles through strength
Disappointment, despair, illness, depression, doubt, indecision, physical and mental lack of energy, laziness, inconsistency, the desire for sensual things and missteps are all stumbling blocks. Don't be discouraged! PatanjaliRishi prescribes Eka-Tattva Abhyasa, concentrating on one object in order to overcome it. That gives constancy and strength.
He also prescribes friendship with like-minded people, gentleness towards subordinates, complacency towards superiors and indifference towards malicious people. This behavior creates peace of mind, calmness of mind, and destroys hatred, jealousy etc. A new life begins in a person when he applies the virtues in his life. It takes patience and perseverance.
That is the key to success in yoga. A yogi is richly rewarded for gaining control over his mind. He experiences the greatest bliss, asamprajnata samadhi. Have self-control. Be fair. Know what is right. Keep your promise. Be noble and impartial. Have the depth of the ocean and the strength of Himavan.
Stop all rising emotions and impulses. Direct the energy through the appropriate pathways to your chosen ideal. Develop the power of self-control. Keep the instruments in harmony. Be the master of your thoughts. Maintain mental serenity. Keep your energy. Educate your will. Coordinate your innate tendencies. And you will experience huge peace of mind. You will make spiritual progress quickly.
Develop strength in difficult circumstances
Here is a lecture on how you can use difficult life circumstances to develop inner strength and spiritual power. Title of the lecture "Developing strength in dealing with difficult life situations:
Strength in relation to other properties
This Yoga Wiki describes over 1000 virtues and personality traits. Here are some explanations of how to see the quality of strength in relation to other skills and behaviors, as well as in relation to vice:
Properties similar to strength
Properties similar to strength, i.e. synonyms for strength, are e.g. self-confidence, dignity, self-esteem, assertiveness, security, resilience, tenacity, stability, trustworthiness.
Any quality, any virtue that is exaggerated becomes a vice, a vice, an unhelpful quality. Exaggerated strength can degenerate into defiance, stubbornness, self-will, stubbornness, righteousness, stubbornness, arrogance, pride. Therefore, as an opposite pole, strength needs the cultivation of humility, modesty, devotion, trust, and indulgence.
Opposite of strength
There is an opposite to every property. Here are possibilities for opposite of strength, antonyms for strength:
- Positive opposites of strength, these could also be called the opposite poles: humility, modesty, devotion, trust, indulgence
- Negative opposites of strength, i.e. vice, negative qualities, are e.g. weakness, powerlessness, powerlessness, powerlessness, exhaustion, burnout, tiredness, helplessness
Strength in the context of virtue groups, personality factors and temperaments
Strength can be seen as a virtue, as a positive quality. Maybe you want to let strength grow stronger in you. Here are a few tips:
- Make a resolution to cultivate this quality of strength for a week. You may not be able to cultivate all of the good qualities at once. But it is possible to make a virtue or quality strong in a week or a month.
- Make up your mind, "For the next week, I want to let the virtue, quality, cultivation of strength grow, grow stronger. I look forward to being a stronger person in a week."
- Make a goal of doing at least one action each day that expresses strength. Do something every day that you would not otherwise do but that expresses that virtue.
- When you wake up in the morning, say an affirmation such as, "I am developing strength."
- During the day, repeat an autosuggestion, affirmation such as: I am strong. "
Affirmations on the subject of strength
Here are some affirmations for more strength. Under the keywords "Affirmation" and "Miracle Affirmations" you can find out more about the function and effect of affirmations.
Classic autosuggestion for strength
Here is the classic autosuggestion:
In yoga, this is often combined with a mantra. Because a mantra makes the affirmation stronger:
- I am strong. Om Om Om.
- I am a strong one, a strong OM.
Developmental affirmation for strength
Some people feel like hypocrites or hypocrites when they say "I am strong" - and they are not at all. Then a development-related affirmation helps:
- I develop strength.
- I get strong
- I get stronger every day.
- By the grace of God, I develop more strength every day.
Thank you affirmation for strength
- I thank you for getting stronger every day.
Miracle affirmations strength
You can also try the following affirmations:
- So far I'm not very strong. And that is quite understandable, I have good reasons for it. But soon I will develop strength. Every day this virtue will grow stronger in me.
- I look forward to being very strong soon.
- I am someone who is strong.
Prayer for strength
Prayer is also a powerful means of cultivating a virtue. Here are a few ways to pray for strength:
- Dear God, please give me more strength.
- Oh god i adore you I ask you to make me a strong person.
- Dear Divine Mother, I thank you. I thank you for expressing the virtue of strength more and more every day.
What would I have to do to develop strength?
You can also ask yourself:
- What would I have to do to develop strength?
- How could I get strong?
- Dear God, please show me the way to more strength.
- Assuming I want to be strong, how would I do that?
- Assuming I was strong, how would that make itself felt?
- Assuming a miracle happened and I cultivated strength tomorrow, what would have changed? How would i feel How would i think How would i act? As a strong person, how would I react, communicate with others?
Lecture recording on strength - audio to listen to
Here you can listen to a lecture by Sukadev Bretz, founder of Yoga Vidya. This talk is the audio version of a video on strength, part of the Yoga Vidya Multimedia Lexicon of Virtues. Html5mediator: not a valid URL
Characteristics in the alphabet before strength
Properties in the alphabet by strength
Yoga teacher training
- May 21, 2021 - May 28, 2021 - Yoga Teacher Training Intensive Course Week 2 Live Online
- Get trained as a yoga teacher in this online seminar. Week 2 of the 4-week yoga teacher training online. Prerequisite for participation: 1st week of yoga teacher training already completed. Al ...
- May 23, 2021 - May 28, 2021 - Yoga teacher training intensive course week 1 live online
- Here you will learn the basics of how to teach yoga and meditation to people as a yoga teacher. Week 1 of the 4-week yoga teacher training. You can book here if you are the yoga teacher ...
- May 26th, 2021 - May 26th, 2021 - Bhakti and Meditation - Online Workshop
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. With yoga class, lecture and meditation. Bhakti Yoga is the path of love and devotion to the divine. You will receive an introduction to Bhakti Yoga with a short lecture, take ...
- May 26th, 2021 - May 28th, 2021 - Slow Down Yoga
- With Slow Down Yoga you go a path of conscious deceleration and relaxation. With the help of selected breathing and physical exercises as well as meditations you calm your body, your mind ...
- How does technology help students learn
- Has the US accepted the IELTS
- Are sunscreen sprays safe
- What's surprising about being an INTJ
- What are Islamic Scholars
- How are operas written
- What are Dhimans SC or ST
- What is the height of the Hindu hypocrisy
- What is accounting with example
- Who was the earliest civilization
- Are billboards still effective
- How powerful was Sushma Swaraj
- Can you date a Gujarati boy
- How are dwarf planets formed
- What are the computer networks
- What is the biggest problem with populism
- Why are all Kerala girls beautiful
- What is love, wealth and success
- What is the perfect black body
- What is foundation
- How could Smaug Westron speak
- What are different areas in electrical engineering
- What is 6 6 2
- How did your grandmother influence your life