Clear dreaming can be explained
Lucid dream: How To Learn Lucid Dreaming
"By lucid dreaming or lucid dreaming one understands dream states in which a dreamer is aware that he is dreaming and can thus decisively intervene in what is happening," says Brigitte Holzinger. She heads the Institute for Consciousness and Dream Research in Vienna and has developed lucid dreaming as a helpful method to get rid of nightmares. Lucid dreaming was best known from the film "Inception" with Leonardo DiCaprio, in which it is shown how the dreams of other people are specifically influenced. Almost every second person has had a lucid dream.
The following factors make up a lucid dream: One can influence the dream event more or less consciously and knows that what is happening is "just a dream". And: The dreaming can remember the dream after waking up. In the lucid dream, the senses are also “there”: You feel, smell, taste.
One of the best-known strategies for learning lucid dreaming is called the “WILD method” for “Wake Initiated Lucid Dream”: The idea is to initiate the lucid dream directly from the sleep phase, i.e. from the waking state. This is difficult because you have to keep your consciousness “awake” while you fall asleep. And that by relaxing, but at the same time thinking about nothing other than the conscious dream. You shouldn't move while doing this. Initially a sleep-robbing method for the inexperienced.
The brain is also trained for the lucid dream by the “reality check” during the day: In the waking state, one asks the question in all possible everyday situations: Is this a dream? Am I dreaming or waking?
But what do you get out of dreaming clearly or learning to remember your dreams better? Bringing in their sleep coaching Brigitte Holzinger People not only learn how to sleep better again, but also how they can use their dreams. “That helps to expand the inner scope for experience. Dreams are pure feelings. Being able to dream lucidly is often experienced as a feeling of happiness, it can inspire you, ”she explains.
Dreams are pure feelings. Being able to dream lucidly is often experienced as a feeling of happiness; it can inspire.
Dream researcher Brigitte Holzinger
That is why creative people in particular get inspiration from the lucid dream. In addition, some people promise themselves to stimulate psychotherapeutic processes and inner growth in this way.
To be able to remember dreams and the lucid dream itself belong together - as a "bridge between being awake and dreaming", like Holzinger says. According to the Swiss sports scientist Daniel Erlacher, the lucid dream is also a good method for top athletes to train and memorize movement sequences.
"I don't dream" doesn't exist
Many think they rarely or never dream. In fact, everyone without exception dreams. During nighttime sleep, up to five will be REM sleep phases run through. It used to be thought that dreams were only made in REM sleep phases, but researchers now assume that there is virtually no sleep phase in which no dreams are made. However, lucid dreams mainly occur in the REM phase.
French researchers have found out why some people remember their dreams better and others worse: it has something to do with the brain. In people who can take their dream memories with them when they wake up, certain areas of the brain that are responsible for attention are more active. This is how dreams “land” in the memory.
Carpe noctem: Learn lucid dreaming in 4 steps
Here's how you learn to remember dreams:
- Interest. The first step should be to be interested in them. “The most important thing is really that you want it and that you expect something good from it,” says Holzinger. So a question of decision and focus - it is important to train the dream memory.
- Intensive preoccupation with the topic. "That is why it is also important to deal intensively with the topic of dreams, to get involved with it and to be inspired by books," advises Holzinger.
- Keeping a dream journalthat you lay down next to the bed. All dreams are noted down to the smallest detail.
- Make a firm commitment to remembering. "As a fourth measure, when falling asleep, you should be prepared to remember your dreams," advises Holzinger.
- Wake up and pursue the dream immediately. "Please do so on a sensual level if possible. For this we have developed the "Dream Sense Memory" technology to make dreams accessible. "
It's about remembering less from the head than from the senses. Intellectual remembering is counterproductive.
Sensual in this case means that the dreamer feels what he has seen, heard, felt, smelled or tasted. “It's about remembering less from the head than from the senses. Intellectual remembering is counterproductive, a dream is not an intellectual process, but a sensual one. Hence, sensual memory is the better way to conceal dreams. More images appear. ”It is important to“ recover ”the dream as holistically as possible and then to write it down in the dream diary as detailed as possible.
By the way, taking sleeping pills or drinking too much alcohol breaks dreams. Regularity and adequate sleep are also important for dream events - and memories.
Further information: www.traum.ac.at; www.schlafcoaching.org
- What is self-image
- How do you implement a plastic-free life
- What is sign language written
- What innovative solutions can improve primary education?
- What would you like to create next
- How did Athens develop democracy
- What was the first Motorola CPU
- How do you say poor in Tagalog
- What is the richest city in Slovenia
- Why communist nations are pro-Islamic
- What are some myths about eye twitching
- What is static electricity used for?
- Why are older people smarter
- Why do blondes feel so attracted to me?
- Why do some people fail to understand the personality of others
- How many children does a goat have
- What is the dark side of anything
- Which is better Nikon D7200 or D810
- Where's the BTK killer
- What types of payment gateways are there
- How are American Christians treated in Israel
- Can cow urine cure any disease
- Why is child prostitution illegal
- What is PM Narendra Modi's cell phone number