Is dating more difficult for men or women
Women in Europe
Gender relations were also affected by the transformation process. If the communist ideology focused on the integration of women into the workforce, after 1990 there was a renaissance of domesticity.
Ph.D., born 1964; Associate Professor, Department of Gender Studies, Central European University, Nador utca 11, Budapest / Hungary. [email protected]
introductionThe first law passed after the collapse of state socialism in Romania lifted the abortion ban, thereby modifying a law that had been in force since the 1960s. This symbolized the strict state control over the female body and can also be seen as a symbol of Nicolae Ceauescu's desire to have female fertility in the service of the nation building to deliver. The haste with which the revision of the abortion law was undertaken indicates that the policies and legislation dealing with gender relations are essential to understanding the process of transformation in post-socialist societies. 
This article examines the changes in the lives of women in Central and Eastern Europe after 1990, in two areas of everyday life: in the household and in wage labor. These areas and their interfaces play an essential role not only in the formation of a person's identity, but also in well-being and economic security. A closer examination of these areas should therefore shed light on the way in which the process of transition to a market economy and democracy reshaped gender relations; but also about the influence of existing gender-specific practices and ideas about the transformation process itself should be learned. I will begin with a brief overview of the legacy of the past, which is intended to provide the framework for the following sections, which will deal with the resurgence of domesticity and its influence on female wage labor in the countries of the former Eastern Bloc.
- Why are quiet people loners
- When do we elect the president?
- May Estonians Lithuanians
- How did the Swedish Empire fall
- Why is Robert Downey Jr so popular
- Were Sumerians Africans
- What genders are there
- Is it colder in Alaska than in Canada?
- What is urban planning
- Is it expensive to emigrate to Canada?
- What does a landscape architect ask for
- How do you see your current governor
- Why aren't green lanterns rich
- How can I learn sign language quickly
- How does technology increase productivity
- Why should humans protect wild animals
- Why has my body changed so much
- Why do nativists reject immigration?
- Can social liberals forbid gay marriage?
- How sinophile is South Korea
- Can you introduce the gold mining process?
- Morality can exist independently of God
- Is bagpipe music related to the devil
- Do psychopaths fall under introversion extroversion at all