How is a substance transfer carried out?
Westphalian Wilhelms University
The graduate college (spokesman Prof. Dr. H.-J. Galla, Institute for Biochemistry) has been funded since March 1st, 1996. It is carried out on an interdisciplinary basis with the fields of biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, molecular biology, physiology and cell biology by university lecturers from the fields of chemistry and biology and the medical faculty.
The scientific aim of the graduate school is to characterize the receptor-mediated membrane processes involved in the process of biological signal transmission biochemically, biophysically and cell-biologically. These serve to transport a message or information from one biological unit to another. The information must be recognized, processed and processed in accordance with the biological purpose. This function is taken over by various proteins that can be integrated into the plasma membrane or into the membranes of the cell organelles or are peripherally associated with them. Protein receptors specifically recognize signal molecules, which can be of low or high molecular weight. The specific stimulus creates a conformational change in the receptor, which modulates, for example, the permeability of the absorbing lipid membrane or the activity of a membrane-bound enzyme. Regulatory proteins whose active conformation is e.g.2+ is induced, control the processes of signal transduction and mass transport. The research program covers three areas:
- Identification of receptors and processes mediated by them
- Transport-. Growth and differentiation processes in cells
- The role of Ca2+-binding proteins in signal recognition and signal transfer reactions
The graduate school is initially funded for three years with DM 1,174,200. It consists of 12 doctoral students financed by the college and around 20 associated members. The teaching program is also designed to be interdisciplinary and is intended to provide the students with interdisciplinary knowledge in the field of membrane biochemistry. In series of lectures, internships, seminars and scientific colloquia, the bioscientific doctoral program is structured in a coordinated manner across departmental boundaries and thus streamlined in terms of time and content.
There is a close connection to the SFBs 310 and 293, in which a large number of the university lecturers of the graduate college are sub-project leaders.
- What is safe creatinine level
- Why is democracy suitable for India?
- Why do most men like blowjobs
- What do you think of the floods in Chennai
- Why is apple not a fruit
- Very swollen tongue ring
- How are Filipinos seen in Lebanon
- What will soldiers look like in the future?
- What does Rod Johnson do at Typesafe
- What is the best website for e-books
- What are boiler problems
- How do I connect with God spiritually?
- How do I activate FASTag online
- Why are bamboo trees strong
- What are the benefits of goal setting
- What are the most motivating song lyrics
- Which state in Canada is the coldest
- A rounded diamond is possible
- What are the best songs from The Weeknds
- Is available to Yuengling in Chicago
- Who is the real anti-national
- How many Indian Muslims are atheists
- How are stones formed in space
- Most white Americans are of British descent