What is Stack Exchange
Help pages: Code posts on Stack Exchange are MIT licensed
The Stack Exchange platform websites are used by many programmers, admins and others to discuss problems and help one another. The best known of these is probably the Stack Overflow page. So far, all user contributions on Stack Exchange were exclusively under the Creative Commons license CC-BY-SA, in future source code will be under an MIT license.
- ALDI International Services GmbH & Co. oHG, Mülheim an der Ruhr
- Federal Criminal Police Office, Wiesbaden
The problem with the previous solution was that code that was exchanged on the websites under CC-BY-SA could only be used with great difficulty in a legally secure manner in one's own projects. The MIT license, which has been established in open source development for years, makes this much easier. The permissive conditions of these allow integration into almost all software, regardless of whether it is free or proprietary.
Due to many comments on the original plans of Stack Exchange, the operator has opted for two regulations that differ from the MIT license. For example, an attribution of the author is absolutely necessary for the transfer of a contribution to a separate project, but it is also possible to dispense with the reproduction of the license text in the own project. These exceptions should be recorded in the terms and conditions of the website.
The operators of Stack Exchange consider a comment in the source text with a URL to the original contribution to be a sufficient attribution of the author. In addition, the developers are not limited in what form the license conditions are met. For example, the somewhat more far-reaching guidelines of the MIT license itself could also be followed.
- Advanced Python - Advanced programming topics
17./18. June 2021, online
- Elastic Stack Fundamentals - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats
October 26-28, 2021, online
In FAQs that are still to be published, some possible ambiguities should be removed. The new license is expected to be valid from May 1st of this year.
- How do you pick chia seeds
- What are some movies with multiple endings
- How does it feel to be whipped?
- Why were acidic cones discontinued
- Is the meritocracy threatened by quotas?
- Can a man become a woman
- Can someone become an intentional narcissistic person
- Buy cut diamonds
- When do we change our clocks 1
- Are there white privileges in the West?
- Is mankind wild
- Will Vancouver ever get thunderstorms
- Who are the most famous introverts
- What do people like about Denmark?
- Do you need goals in life
- Is Bollywood popular in Pakistan
- How do you size sterling silver rings
- The US is indispensable
- Is SunShine Tronics Limited real
- Canadians are really polite and apologetic
- What job will I get after psychology
- What great mathematicians, physicists, scientists started late
- What do Africans think of Filipinos
- Is physical strength stronger than spiritual strength