Airlines are waiting for connecting passengers
Can I make a connecting flight to Baku Airport (GYD) in 45 minutes and do I need a transit visa?
I am planning to take a trip home from Beijing (PEK) to Copenhagen (CPH) in August and the cheapest I can find is a "tripod" through Baku (GYD) and Berlin (TXL) with Azerbaijan Airlines. The thing is, there are only 45 minutes between landing in Baku and leaving for Berlin. (provided there are no delays - I have no experience with this airline).
- Will this be enough time for me to get from the arrival gate to the departure gate?
- Since both flights are operated by the same airline, you should be aware of connecting passengers and wait for them in case of flight delay, yes? Or am I optimistic?
- Do I have to pick up my luggage and check it in again (in which case I will certainly not have time for the flight)?
- Finally, do I need an inter-flight transfer visa (EU citizens if that's important)?
PEK-J268-GYD-J263 TXL has a break of 1 hour 45 minutes in GYD. This is above the minimum connect time and should be fine. However, Azerbaijani airlines (J2) only offer one flight per day from GYD to TXL. If you miss it, they will most likely rebook you the next day and have to stay overnight. It is possible that they rebook you through a different route and occasionally rebook you to another airline, but I would doubt that.
Airlines rarely wait for connecting passengers these days, but possibly when a significant number of passengers arrive from a connecting flight.
Your bag should be checked through to your final destination and you shouldn't have to pick it up in Baku.
Enter your citizenship and travel dates in Timatic and you will find out if you need a visa. Timatic is the system that airlines use to determine whether you need a visa and therefore not carry you without a visa.
- Are there religions without scriptures?
- How close are we to understanding everything
- What are some easily forgotten lessons in life
- How is IIT for architecture
- Should Christians believe in karma or not
- How does Buddhism stay out of controversy?
- How common is narcissistic abuse
- What is the Chinese equivalent of Foursquare
- What is the source of lapis lazuli
- Punjabis belief in Hindu gods
- Why do people stay away from me
- Is Google Home Mini wireless
- How can I get Nepalese citizenship
- Is silicon a semiconductor
- What is it like to live in Brampton
- What prevents an atheist from committing murder?
- Hawaii will be underwater
- Has anyone done nude yoga and why
- Who makes replica designer bags
- British decolonization was a disaster
- Think of themselves Coorgis and Tuluvas as Kannadigas
- Why is time travel impossible 9
- Do you live in Ottawa, Canada
- Will we ever stop using plastic bags?
- How do street lamps work
- How is it that not everyone can find love
- Why are minorities so against Trump
- How were emergency numbers decided
- How to convert carats to ratti
- President Obama is African
- India was a monarchy
- Why can't we shout anti-India slogans?
- How can I make homemade printer ink