Why are machine guns fired
Machine gun MG 08/15
Objects in relation to ...
Objects to keywords ...
Light MG 08/15 with wooden shoulder rest, pistol grip and bipod. The model is the light version, which was further developed from the heavy predecessor model MG 08 with the changes mentioned above from 1915. The amount of coolant in the water-cooled device could also be reduced from 4 to 2.8 liters. In this modified version, the MG 08/15 was issued to the troops from summer 1917. According to the stamp, the manufacturer of the machine gun shown was the German Arms and Ammunition Factory in Berlin-Spandau. The machine gun became a symbol of the industrialized mass war during the First World War. The defending side in particular gained considerable advantages by using such machine weapons. Cavalry attacks and the infantry rushing across the open field became senseless military maneuvers if the enemy had sufficient machine guns to defend himself. The "light" MG 08/15 (08 after the introduction year 1908, 15 for the year 1915 (further development)) still weighed almost 20 kg when fully equipped. It could be fired up to 450 rounds per minute. (Temporary loan (11.2015 - 09.2017) from the Defense Technical Study Collection of the Federal Office for Equipment, Information Technology and Use of the Federal Armed Forces, Koblenz; cap and tube were removed for the period of loan.) [Ludger Tekampe]
Material / technology
Steel, iron, wood
1914 - 1918
[Status of information:]
Notes on usage and citation
Any form of commercial use of text or image information requires consultation with the museum.
- Is grunge really a genre
- What are some problems with individualism
- What is the backstory of Rwanda
- How does it look too thin
- Sometimes introverts behave like extroverts
- Is the child psychologist really helpful
- Where in Islam is nationalism condemned?
- I want to learn fashion design with technology
- What macaw was the 1930s
- Is the Australian Constitution difficult to change?
- How often do you wash your pants
- How does food affect our brains?
- Why is the Chinese government communist
- Which MBTI types are the deepest
- The frequency of seizures may increase during treatment
- Is Ibotta worth the effort
- What makes the US still strong?
- Why are you hurting yourself
- Why did you leave Google 2
- Which documents are required for NEFT
- Which country has the fewest states?
- How can I take your country visa
- Do introverts speak differently than extroverts
- Why could Xero be better than Sage