What is the average verbal IQ
Intelligence test for children - IQ test for gifted children
Intelligence test for children - IQ test for children from 5 years
Anyone know more about the strengths and weaknesses, an eventual Giftedness or generally want to find out something about the performance of his child, can with the help of experienced psychologists, educators and qualified testers with a Intelligence test for children the Intelligence quotient Have your child's (IQ) measured. The resulting result, the IQ score, lets you draw conclusions about the intellectual ability and the possible success in school, it facilitates the work in education and shows new possibilities in the individual advancement of the offspring.
A compilation of skills and abilities enables conclusions to be drawn about what is available potential of the child. The parents thus also find out whether the daughter or son is using his abilities to the full. With this knowledge, goals in education can be adjusted, strengths can be given special consideration and weaknesses can be compensated. If giftedness is found, appropriate steps can be taken and further schooling options can be discussed with the child’s educators.
From what age should the IQ value be determined using an intelligence test for children?
There are individual ones for every age group Test procedure, which are precisely adapted to the age up to three months. Basically, the child should be able to Test situation to understand and to endure. This is already possible in kindergarten, as tests are also carried out in a playful way. For younger children, the test procedures are sophisticated but not yet so differentiated. Nevertheless, one gets very precise results about the intellectual potential of the child. However, testing for is recommended Giftedness by means of a talent diagnosis not to be carried out before the age of 6. As a profiling institute, we offer an intelligence test for children aged 5 and over at our Düsseldorf location.
Of course, the family situation plays a major role. Children in a loving family who experience support and care are more balanced than children who lack this security, so they deliver better results. Nevertheless, such tests do not produce random results, but rather reliable statements. The results usually do not apply in the long term, so meaningful ones should be used Talent profiles be prepared on a regular basis. Mental and cognitive development does not always behave as one, as a parent, would like it to be, especially when external influences play a major role. Invisible psychological changes can be indicated for the first time by such test results or are noticed if the result deviates significantly from previous results.
IQ values - what do they say about the intelligence or giftedness of children
As a rule, the Intelligence measurement as a result of the IQ test one Intelligence quotient or IQ determined. One is average intelligent with an IQ of 100. The mere result of the intelligence test has no meaning as long as one does not compare the individual result of the child with the overall results of a so-called Norm group compares. Only this result is the IQ value.
Interpretation of IQ values
- under a IQ of 55 is usually severely mentally handicapped
- with a IQ between 55 and 69 one becomes with slight disability classified
- of one below average intelligence one speaks when the IQ between 70 and 84 lies
- the limit for Normal range at a slightly lower level you can reach an IQ of 85 and 99
- from a "high level in Normal range " will be at one IQfrom 101 to 114 spoken
- above-average intelligence can be achieved with one IQ from 115 to 129
- and Gifted is who one IQ from 130 to 145 reached
- And the absolute World elite one counts with one IQ above 145
As a rule of thumb, only 15% of a year group are considered to be above average intelligent and only 2% of the children can be classified as highly gifted.
Possible characteristics of giftedness in children
Any giftedness can also be detected in children in everyday life; at least individual clues give possible indications of one Giftedness. If the following symptoms are observed in combination, one should definitely pay attention:
- Size curiosity
- More extreme Thirst for knowledge
- Quickly save information and call it up at any time
- Self-employed Link of facts
- Goal-oriented and very independent work
- A high one Sense of justice
A characteristic in itself does not have to be of great importance and is by no means an indication of giftedness. If several people from this list appear together, the child may well have a particularly high one Intelligence quotient to have. Further characteristics for giftedness and recommendations for parents can be found on the page: "Help my child is gifted - characteristics for giftedness and behavioral recommendations for parents"
Where can I have an intelligence test carried out? - Professional talent diagnostics of your child in the Profiling Institute
At our location Dusseldorf testing experienced staff based on a professional talent diagnostics your child's intelligence. For this we use the so-called WISC-V intelligence test for children or the WPPSI-IV for children aged 5 years. This test procedure, formerly also known as the Hamburger Wechsler intelligence test for children, for short HAWIK, known, goes back to David Wechsler's concept of intelligence and has been used in Germany since 1996.
Procedure and structure of the intelligence test for children
On this test, one multi-dimensional intelligence test, will the cognitive skills Your child through 15 different test levels and methodologies recorded in order to be able to describe giftedness, intellectual disabilities or cognitive weaknesses and strengths, for example. A detailed description of the test used can be found on the page "WISC-V structure and procedure".
Consultation process at the institute in Düsseldorf
How exactly does the consultation work? First of all, give us on phone one brief overview of your motivations, for the aptitude test or intelligence test for your child. The next step is to arrange one Appointment for the talent diagnosis. The testing can Mornings or afternoons occur. It is only essential that you Child rested and relaxed comes to us on this day. The entire appointment takes about 2 hours. It consists of a preliminary discussion, the actual intelligence test and a debriefing with the feedback and interpretation of the results.
After this Getting to know parents, child and counselor together (This is where the contact between the counselor and the child is established) and a description of the further course and an explanation of the procedure, the intelligence test starts. During the approximately 60-minute test execution, in a fear-free and relaxed atmosphere, Parents can pass the waiting time by taking a stroll through the city of Düsseldorf or wait in the office.
After the analysis has been completed, the consultant can give you already communicate the first results. About one week after this appointment you will also receive a short written test evaluation.
What does it cost to take an IQ test? - costs of the intelligence test
At the Düsseldorf location, the costs for the described test execution with the test procedure WISC V (formerly HAWIK) with evaluation 249.00 euros (including follow-up discussion and expert opinion). If your child has a Giftedness is available, you will receive an Certificatethat you can submit to Mensa in Deutschland e.V. (MinD) to apply for your child's membership.
Consulting & coaching after the talent diagnosis
You should too later questions or need further advice we stand by you telephone or face-to-face conversation at the Düsseldorf location. The cost amounts to 120.00 euros (VAT included.) per 60 minutes of talk time. If you want to continuously record your child's level of development over their school years or have a sibling tested, we can help you a discount for each subsequent consultation to offer. Our WISC V talent and intelligence test for children in Düsseldorf is suitable for Children from 6 years to adolescents aged 16 years. We use the IST 2000 R for older people aged 16 and over. We use the WPPSI-IV for children aged 5 and over.
- Do you know yourself MEANS for greatness
- What causes people to lead a parasitic life
- Why are some Punjabi so cute?
- How do you affect the world
- What is the minimalist people's checklist
- Other scholarships are available to NTSE fellows
- Is the earth a shining object
- Why do some cells not have a nucleus?
- Why is Haskell not very popular
- Radiation therapy is associated with the radiological department
- Is it bad to get into an average university?
- How often are new algorithms discovered?
- Is democracy a flawed process
- What causes people to lead a parasitic life
- How temporary a problem is is homelessness
- What are some examples of uncertainties
- How can I improve my sculpting skills
- Can I get citizenship while getting Medicaid?
- Can we control our destiny
- How did your ethnicity affect your life?
- What is the biggest problem with populism
- Works legally 12 hours a day
- SPF prevents you from tanning
- Is marijuana legal in Germany
- Has Manchester United ever been relegated
- North Korea is a burden for China
- Is Jerusalem a safe city?
- Do you think Shawn Mendes is gay?
- Which software is best for whiteboard animation?
- Which K-pop idols hate each other
- Why do they often switch badminton shuttle services
- What are the UK's best design universities
- Is BHMS better than BDS