What does Nike stand for
Nike - not just a brand, but an attitude towards life
Who doesn't know the Swoosh? It has graced the products of the Nike brand since 1971 and is now one of the best-known trademarks in the world. Legend has it that the company paid just $ 35 to design a logo for graphic student Carolyn Davidson.
But let's start from scratch with the history of the global company Nike.
A former trainer from the University of Oregon named Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, economists, initially sold shoes from the Japanese label Onitsuka Tiger. But in 1971 they decided to make shoes themselves. The company was to get the name of the Greek goddess of victory Nike. Whether this name was chosen and was seen as a prophecy or a vision is difficult to understand today, but the name alone gives us a feeling that Bowermann and Knight had big plans for their company. The shoes themselves were characterized by a profiled sole and that they were lighter than all sports shoes available on the American market to date. And since there was no corresponding trademark or logo for the shoes, the design by graphics student Davidson was exactly the right one. The Swoosh should radiate movement and speed and different information can be found for interpretation. There is a statement that the Swoosh should symbolize the tennis ball serve and on the other hand it should also represent the wing of the Greek goddess of victory. We do not know which interpretation is the right one. I think either of these could be the real story.
Driving success with sponsorship
The sporting goods manufacturer quickly realized that the success of the Nike brand is closely linked to sporting success. Companies like Adidas have already shown it in the past. The athlete Steve Prefontaine, who had previously been trained by Bowermann at the University of Oregon, started at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. The athlete, who was only called "Pre" by his fans, took fourth place in the 5000 meter run and not only made the shoes of Nike known, he was also the youngest 5000 meter runner at the age of 21, who started at an Olympiad.
The move to sign the basketball player Michael Jordan was very effective in terms of marketing. In collaboration with Jordan, a collection was designed that already generated 130 million US dollars in 1984, the first year of collaboration.
- Why do employers not give a salary?
- What exactly is a minimalist
- What are the best wholesale sources for sneakers
- What is the future of health startups
- Which is the best outdoor wheelchair
- How can I make an appointment with James Franco
- Bumiputera guidelines are still considered relevant these days
- How powerful is the Iranian military
- How is Sri Lanka perceived globally
- What is narcissistic punishment
- What is your rating of the state of Texas
- Is India really the safest country for women?
- What is a sable corgi
- Gmail accounts will be terminated
- How are dwarf planets formed
- Am I an introvert 1
- How does it feel after a blowjob
- What is the least sporty sport
- What is the term cashless society
- Are there homeless people in North Korea?
- Why don't we have freedom
- What screws should I use in studs
- What celebrities deserve to be famous
- Is there still an iron curtain