Why do we need nations
Nations: why do we still need them?
The cultural scientist Aleida Assmann does not want to leave the concept of the nation exclusively to rights. A conversation about identity, Europe and the USA
Her research on collective memory has shaped generations of cultural and social scientists. In her most recent book "The Re-invention of the Nation - Why We Fear It and Why We Need It" (CH Beck), Aleida Assmann now asks a question that, from her point of view, has remained unexplored for too long, but which now arises in the face of right-wing populism and identity - and separation struggles in Europe and the USA are more urgent than ever. (Stefan Weiss, Christopher Lettner, Andreas Müller February 18, 2021)
Your opinion counts.
The comments in the forum do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors. The editors reserve the right to post comments that violate criminal or civil law norms, contradict common decency or otherwise run counter to the reputation of the medium (see detailed forum rules), to remove. In this case, the user cannot make any claims. Furthermore, STANDARD Verlagsgesellschaft m.b.H. before to assert claims for damages and to report criminally relevant facts.
- How do I make an appointment with a Chinese woman
- We should send couriers through India Post
- Which is the best ereader review site
- Pawnbrokers will buy ammunition
- Hong Kong is cosmopolitan
- What is personality development
- What is it like to be Indian?
- Why do people hate communists
- What is your tamil accent
- How do I dress to impress in general?
- Are white socks better than black socks
- Land Rovers are unreliable
- How to cook arborio rice
- Bengaluru is the most cosmopolitan city in India
- Vancouver is a predominantly white city
- What is Mudhony's most successful song
- What charity does Meghan Markle support?
- What happens in the delivery of bicycle trials
- Is Fujifilm a good camera
- Is free internet possible
- What can we do with the internet
- Is drunk driving a criminal case
- SPF prevents you from tanning
- What do you dislike about IT consulting?