What is the so-called sustainable development
What are the 17 goals?
It's your decision
Climate change, poverty and hunger, displacement and migration are issues that concern us all. We decide whether to buy products such as jeans, chocolate or cell phones that people have made under dignified and fair conditions. We decide how much energy we use. We decide how to deal with the resources and treasures of nature. Our lifestyle and the way we do business have direct consequences - for us, for others and for future generations. It's time to rethink. We are all asked. Politics and economics like each and every one of us.
What can our contribution to climate protection, fair standards in the world of work and against hunger and poverty be? The 2030 Agenda with its 17 goals for sustainable development serves as a guide. This was adopted on September 25, 2015 by 193 heads of state and government at the United Nations summit in New York. The 2030 Agenda is a “world future treaty”. With this treaty, the states undertake to secure a life in dignity for all people by the year 2030. To achieve this goal, we in Germany also have to change our way of life.
The 2030 Agenda names five core messages that precede the 17 goals as principles of action: 1. Focus on human dignity, 2. Protect the planet, 3. Promote prosperity for all, 4. Promote peace and 5. Build global partnerships.
In essence, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals should:
- End poverty and hunger and fight inequalities
- Strengthen people's self-determination, ensure gender equality and a good and healthy life for everyone
- Promote prosperity for everyone and shape sustainable lifestyles worldwide
- Respect the earth's ecological limits: fight climate change, preserve natural resources and use them sustainably
- Protect human rights - ensure peace, good governance and access to justice
- Build a global partnership
The goals take into account all three dimensions of sustainability - social, environmental, economic - and apply to all countries in the world: industrialized, emerging and developing countries. They make it clear that we have a shared responsibility for the world.
Check out our video on the 17 goals
In order to implement the 2030 Agenda in Germany as well, the Federal Government adopted the German Sustainability Strategy in 2016 and updated it in 2018. In it, it defines what contributions it is and will be making towards the sustainable development goals. The strategy covers the entire spectrum of sustainability issues, from higher educational qualifications, reducing income inequalities between men and women, through securing social housing, to trade opportunities for so-called developing countries.
The Federal Statistical Office prepares an indicator report every two years. This shows how far the German sustainability strategy has already been implemented and where further action is required.
The success of the 2030 Agenda depends on everyone participating - not just states and organizations, but each and every individual. Everyone can make a contribution. The more people participate, the more likely it is to establish an international partnership for sustainable development. Because only together will we create a better, fairer and more sustainable world.
- How do we start a sugar mill
- What are listed companies analyzing big data
- What is logistics operation
- How does public key cryptography work?
- How do you pronounce sergeant
- Accountants are fired from auditing firms
- Teenagers should get push-up bras
- What does WTF
- What causes early baldness
- What is digital colonialism
- What do the Poles think of Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Can we export rice from India
- How do I get rid of melasma
- What is a typical meal in Palestine
- How is the landscape in Wales
- Are there overweight people in North Korea?
- How can you afford a 100k car
- Can kill 3 hydrogen peroxide
- Can a foreigner join the FBI?
- What are the upper caste in Tamilnadu
- Which company stocks pay off best?
- What are Blue Niles Policies
- What are the types of comedy
- How everyone relaxes at night
- Who really controls the military industrial complex?
- Is Br2 an electrophile or a nucleophile
- Was a dictatorship successful
- Are Europeans or Americans more open-minded
- Is Olay a mild soap like Dove
- Which is better diamonds or crystals
- What is the first form of rain
- How can I raise a happy child?
- Which are the top 20 elite universities
- You can build muscle with light weights