What are some healthy high calorie foods
Gaining weight healthily: With these 10 tips you can finally achieve a comfortable weight
Increase? Nothing easier than that - most people probably think. After all, more than half of Germans fight against being overweight. But at the other end of the scale there is a group of people who want to achieve exactly the opposite. You want to gain weight in a healthy way, but you just can't do it.
To be slim is a dream for many. That is why underweight people or people who would like to gain weight often encounter a lack of understanding. Our society is fixated on losing weight! Better advice than “just eat more!” Is seldom given. People who simply cannot gain weight suffer in a similar way to overweight people: They do not feel as productive, resilient or attractive.
First, of course, health causes for the low weight should be ruled out. An overactive thyroid, gastrointestinal complaints or intolerance are possible.
If you are physically healthy, there is nothing to prevent you from gaining weight. These tips can help you with that.
1. Always have something with you: if you are hungry, eat!
If you are one of those people who would like to gain weight but can't make it, you probably know the situation: you're on the go and your stomach is growling. But there is still an hour or two before the next meal. So just stand the feeling of hunger. It's not particularly difficult for you. But here you should rethink: If your body craves calories in the form of a meal and you ignore the feeling of hunger, it is going to its reserves and you lose weight. The reason for this can be, for example, an over-fast metabolism, which gets the body's own fat burning going particularly quickly.
To prevent unwanted weight loss, you should always have healthy snacks or a small snack with you. Nut bars (low in sugar), trail mix or dried fruit are ideal for this. They don't spoil quickly even if you carry them around with you for a few days or weeks.
2. Never overeat: anti-diets don't work
Regardless of whether you are gaining or losing weight: having to constantly worry about your diet is not nice - counting calories is even less so. It is all the more stressful to force yourself to eat more and more than the body actually wants. The enjoyment and fun of eating are quickly lost. Feeling of fullness, nausea and malaise are often the result. At the same time, the stress level increases, which also prevents you from gaining weight (you can find out more about this under tip 8).
Therefore, say goodbye to the thought of having to eat particularly large amounts at once. Instead, rely on practical ways to add extra calories to your meals - as described in the following point.
3. Enhance your meals - with healthy calories!
If you want to gain weight healthily, you should eat an average of 500 calories more than necessary. Depending on the food, these are quite large quantities: More than 300 g cooked noodles or 500 g pork fillet - mind you, in addition to the normal meal.
In order to gain weight healthily, you should therefore focus on high-calorie foods that you can easily eat in addition. For example, it is practically always possible to use high-quality vegetable oils in addition. Cold-pressed olive oil or rapeseed oil are ideal for hearty dishes. Just add an extra dash of oil over each dish. 3 tablespoons of olive oil or rapeseed oil provide 300 calories. The oil also refines the taste - a pleasant side effect.
4. Six small ones instead of three large ones: plan in between meals!
While it is definitely advisable for people of normal weight and also for those who are overweight to eat only three meals a day, you can use them more often. In order not to overwhelm the digestive tract, for example, eat your increased amount of calories divided into 5-6 smaller meals. These can consist of breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner and possibly a small meal later in the evening. Here you can find out which foods are still good in the evening: Eat right, sleep better.
5. High-calorie and healthy: You should access this more often
Some foods are both healthy and relatively high in calories. Mostly these are very oily fruits or nuts. They should be on the menu regularly. This includes:
- Avocados Avocados go particularly well with a salad when diced. Sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper, they are a healthy topping on bread. But also classic as guacamole, i.e. avocado dip, avocados go well with bread or potatoes. A medium-sized avocado provides around 500 calories. These come from the many unsaturated fatty acids in the avocado. In addition, the avocado is rich in vitamin E and B vitamins.
- Walnuts, peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts Nuts are particularly suitable as snacks in between, but also as a crispy topping for salads or as a filler in soups. At the same time, nut butter is becoming increasingly popular (e.g. almond butter). You can stir it very well into soups, sauces or smoothies. Nuts (and nut-like foods) are also high in healthy fatty acids. They provide between 500 and 600 calories per 100 grams.
- Olives and antipasti Olives and vegetables pickled in high-quality oil not only taste particularly good, they are also relatively high in calories. Treat yourself to this Mediterranean starter more often.
6. Light products: leave them standing on the shelf
The supermarket shelves are full of them, but they can only be recommended to a limited extent: light products. The aim of these products is to provide a reduced-fat version of the normal food. However, this does not automatically make the product healthier - on the contrary. For example, light products usually contain less fat, which, however, affects the taste and often the consistency as well. Manufacturers then compensate for this by adding sugar, sweeteners, flavors or other additives. So stay with the original and enjoy the unadulterated taste!
7. Strengthening the immune system: Illness makes pounds shed
Very slim or underweight people often have to struggle with infections and a weakening immune system. Not only is this annoying, it's also counterproductive to healthy weight gain. Because we often lose weight when we are ill because we cannot or do not want to eat a lot and we cannot tolerate everything. That in turn weakens our organism and so on. So take care of your immune system!
8. Always energized: Stress prevents you from gaining weight in a healthy way
Chronic stress has unfortunately become almost everyday occurrence today. Compared to short-term stress, it always has a negative effect on our health. However, people react differently to long-term stress: while the majority tend to eat more and more calories when they are stressed, people who tend to be underweight eat even less. At the same time, the stress hormones slow down digestion and the formation of enzymes, which means that what is eaten is even worse utilized.
So make sure you leave enough space for relaxation in everyday life. Tips on how to combat stress can be found here: 10 tips on how to deal better with stress
9. Weight gain despite exercise?
Sport helps you lose weight! This unsettles many who want to gain weight healthily, after all it is the opposite of their wish. But contrary to what most people think, moderate exercise does not prevent weight gain. On the contrary: by exercising you stimulate your appetite, reduce stress and get your digestion going. In addition, very few would like to gain bulky weight, but also look good with a few pounds more. Exercise helps build not only fat but also muscle. Incidentally, the calorie-burning effect of exercise is often overestimated. If you have a small meal after exercising, you can easily compensate for the calorie consumption and still benefit from the positive effects.
10. Bitter makes you hungry: This stimulates your appetite
If you repeatedly suffer from loss of appetite (e.g. caused by stress), bitter foods can help you. Bitter substances stimulate digestion and the formation of enzymes, thereby promoting appetite (which is why aperitif drinks are usually bitter).
Fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme or basil are rich in bitter substances. But salads such as chicory or rocket are also great starters. Those who prefer it fruity can enjoy a grapefruit before the actual meal. The bitter substances usually develop their appetite-stimulating effect after around half an hour.
The same applies to healthy weight gain as to weight loss: Please do not put yourself under pressure and avoid crash (anti) diets. You will only have long-term success with gentle but constant adjustments to your lifestyle and diet.
- What do Turks think of Iran
- Do people really enjoy learning?
- What is the future of money
- What are you doing alone
- What is Mexico's largest state
- What is Ayurveda and Ayurveda Treatment
- What are your best flea market finds
- Malayalees Dravidians are Aryans
- Motivation is important
- Should I learn Java to learn Hadoop?
- What are the most fashionable men's hairstyles
- How is life after 40 for women
- How is CAD useful in electrical engineering?
- Who wears women's thongs every day?
- Which multivitamin is essential for bodybuilding?
- Why are people flat
- Is it illegal to piss off Donald Trump?
- In geography what is fluvial
- Why do you always wear a saree
- Smell weed vaporizer
- What is computer science 5
- What is the most common wooden furniture
- How can gaming increase our productivity
- Why should I stop living?