What are the school holidays in Australia
Student Exchange Australia - Holidays and Vacations
Even if the Australian high school will be a lot of fun for you on your student exchange in Australia, you are sure to look forward to the school holidays and days off. Because there you have the opportunity to spend more time with your host family and friends and to get to know them better. In Australia it works a little differently than in Germany. That's why you can find out more about your student exchange in Australia here.
The school holidays
As in Germany, the school year begins after the summer vacation. Just that summer in Australia is our winter. That is why the school year starts at the end of January and ends in mid-December. The year is divided into two half-years with two quarters each (10 weeks each). There are two to three weeks of vacation after each quarter. The fourth term is followed by the almost two-month summer vacation, which also marks the end of the school year. Vacation dates can vary slightly between state schools and private schools.
The public holidays
Australia has a number of public holidays nationwide - including New Years Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, and Boxing Day and Boxing Day. The other public holidays, such as Queen's Birthday and Labor Day, are determined by the governments of the respective states and territories. Good to know: If a Christmas holiday or New Year's Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday is declared a public holiday. During yours Student exchanges in Australia can you find out why this is not done in Germany ...
Australia is part of the Commonwealth of Nations and although the continent is on the other side of the world, the monarch of the United Kingdom is head of state here too. For this reason, her birthday is also celebrated in Australia. The second Monday in June is a public holiday in all states and territories except Western Australia. To celebrate the day, several major sports festivals take place, such as the Australian Football League. Here the Collingwood Magpies compete against Melbourne Demons at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). As autumn draws to a close in June, the weekend is also considered the opening of the Australian winter sports season. In Western Australia, the Queen's Birthday is rescheduled to the last Monday in September or the first Monday in October, ideal for celebrating the start of spring break and the Perth Royal Show. This day you should be with your Student exchange in Australia definitely not to be missed.
- How is Chitkara University doing
- Bumiputera guidelines are still considered relevant these days
- How does McDonalds cook their eggs
- How is it that not everyone can find love
- God knows why it exists
- Most narcissists get divorced
- Should I learn Java to learn Hadoop?
- Why is Aqua Regia called royal water
- Does Dettol hand wash really kill germs
- What is diamond carat
- RSS is India's KKK
- How is life in Newcastle upon Tyne
- What is the origin of the Malagasy language
- Why should you become a diplomat?
- How is CS taught at IIIT Hyderabad
- What was the Great Wall built for?
- What do the Greeks think of Russia
- What did early people use before diapers
- Which travel planning apps do you use
- What are some examples of lost technology
- What is the importance of process costing
- What is the temperament of a corgi
- How profitable is freelance
- Is digital nomad legal