When was the last time you treated yourself
Dear me, I deserve to be treated better by you
Last update: August 30, 2017
Dear me, I deserve to be treated better by you. I will take this opportunity as you stand in front of the mirror to tell you how you make me feel. Have you ever thought that what you say to me you say to yourself?
I've endured all sorts of things from belittling to criticism. Why are you so rarely nice to me? Have you forgotten that we are the same person?
I want you to know this is not a letter of complaint. Dear me, because you can do that yourself well enough. What I want to achieve with this letter is that you understand that you have many things that you do not see. Stop paying attention only to what hurts us.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself
Dear me, how often have I heard you complain about myself, so incredibly often! You don't show much respect for who we are. Self-pity seems to be one of your favorite sports and you don't even let yourself see all the good we have.
Do you go through life all the time asking why you don't have what you deserve? Have you ever thought that maybe you have more than you can appreciate? I would like you to pause for a moment in front of the mirror and instead of criticizing your nose or your eyebrows, just say thank you for your legs, which allow you to move.
Maybe you don't see it that way, but self-pity won't help you. If it were at least a constructive criticism that spurred you on to do something - at least it would make sense.
And how about stop giving me nicknames?
Every time you have an opportunity to do so, you give me a new name. The problem is, it's never about someone who is at least halfway nice. Dear me, how about if you exert yourself a little and finally understand that your physical appearance doesn't matter to you? Really! Think about it and you will see that it is true.
Instead of calling me “fat”, you could call me “nice”. Seriously now stop looking at me from the negative side all the time. You are more than that. You are intelligent, kind, you are a friend, father or mother.
If this defect that bothers you so much seems that big to you, then work on fixing it. It won't do you any good if you spend your life constantly complaining about it. I really would like you to work on your inside as much as you try to beautify your outside.
Surround us with people who like us
Dear me, it has become very exhausting for me to come to terms with all of your nicknames. But it's also not at all nice that you only have to meet your girlfriends to gossip about me. Have you ever wondered if you are surrounded by too many toxic relationships?
I not only deserve you to treat me better. You could also try harder to hang out with people who make you feel more comfortable. People who help you see the good in you and who help you improve every day.
Leave all the gossip that doesn't help us. Why don't you spend more time with this friend who tells you that you look beautiful every time she sees you? You are too, you just have to believe in it.
When was the last time you tried something that you thought we couldn't? Dear me, sometimes I think that you really don't know me. You're scared of setting new goals because you think we're failing. The ironic thing is that you failed the moment you convince yourself that we won't make it.
Whatever it is, I want you to challenge me to go beyond that. Let's overcome our limits and reach our dreams. I try to talk about the longings and hopes, but when you answer you are only thinking of the reality.
Can you tell me what the reality is Because the way I see it, reality is only what you allow. Let me show you all the potential you have!
Dear me, just be yourself
The last thing I want to ask you to do is become yourself again. Between all these obligations, fears, doubts and frustrations, I don't even know where we have gone. I just ask you to become that child again who laughed and dreamed out loud.
I know that life is difficult and that you have been disappointed. I also know that you cried a lot because they broke your heart. But life is like this: love, grow, laugh, cry, disappoint yourself and start all over again.
Please don't leave me out in the rain. Dear me, I am you and the only request I have is that we live with a passion, as if today was the end of the world. I do not know if we are tomorrow back here to try again.
- How paramedics treat a heart attack
- How thick is a normal sidewalk
- Is electrical engineering beneficial to biomedical engineering?
- Can you travel to Hawaii with DACA
- What is the description of a liberal person
- Is Toyota a better company than Mercedes
- Who founded Sri Lanka
- High blood pressure can enlarge your heart
- Can you die of CRF
- Is Jainism a religion or a cult
- Do the world religions naturally produce violence
- Are mojaris the same as juttis
- Like high school life in Brisbane, Australia
- Which is better JNU or IIT
- Reality is only objective
- What's the best startup in Hyderabad
- Are Jeongyeon and Jimin out
- Is tea a diuretic
- Which countries do not use day month year
- What's your rating of Xero
- Will Islam destroy India?
- What are some interesting things about Barbados
- Why do you support RSS
- What's your favorite pastime in Massachusetts
- How would you describe your neighbor
- How does a citizen influence the nation?
- Can we wear ruby in our middle finger?
- Which Malaysian banks offer Yodlee feeds
- What is a typical meal in Palestine
- Will the NHS be privatized at some point?
- Which is more expensive time or money
- We can dig into the ground
- How do the Europeans feel about Matteo Salvini
- Black Hills Gold is real gold