Why should I choose Linux
Install Linux Mint¶
Install Linux Mint on the computer¶
To permanently install Linux Mint on your computer:
- Double-click Install Linux Mint.
- Choose your language.
- Connect to the internet.
- If you are connected to the internet, check the box to install the multimedia codecs.
- Choose an installation type.
If Linux Mint is the only operating system you want this machine to run and all data on the hard drive can be erased, select Erase Hard Drive and Install Linux Mint.
Encrypt the new Linux Mint installation for security refers to full disk encryption. At this stage of the installation, your keyboard layout is not yet selected, so it is set to en_US. If you decide to use this option, take this into account when entering a password. Also note that this option will cause problems with some NVIDIA drivers. If you are new to Linux, use home directory encryption instead (this can be selected later during installation).
If there is another operating system on the machine, the installation wizard will display an option to install Linux Mint alongside it. If you choose this option, the installation wizard will automatically resize your existing operating system, make room, and install Linux Mint next to it. A start menu is set up so that you can choose between the two operating systems each time the computer is started.
If you want to manage the partitions yourself or if you want to determine which partitions should be used, select Something else.
Linux Mint requires a partition that is mounted in the root directory `` / ''.
The Linux Mint operating system (with no additional applications or personal data) takes about 15 GB, so give this partition a reasonable size (100 GB or more).
is recommended. It is the most popular Linux file system.
Also create a partition. This partition is used for hibernation and as a safety buffer in the event that your computer does not have sufficient RAM. Give this partition a size that corresponds to the size of the RAM in your computer.
- Choose your time zone
- Choose your keyboard layout
- Enter your user details
Yours may or may not be your real name. It is only used locally, in the screen saver and on the login screen.
Yours is the one you use to log on to the computer, and that is the name of your computer on the network.
To avoid mistakes, use only lowercase letters with no punctuation or accentuation.
To protect your personal data from local attacks (e.g. from people close to you or in the event that your computer is stolen), select Encrypt my personal files.
Choose a strong password.
- Enjoy the slide show while Linux Mint is installed on your computer.
When the installation is complete, click Restart Now.
The computer will then shut down and you will be asked to remove the USB stick (or DVD). After the restart, your computer should display a start menu or start your newly installed Linux Mint operating system.
- Leased India for 99 years
- What is the history of Western Australia
- Does my address affect the background check
- Is the Polish language ugly
- Who founded North Carolina
- How does the census work
- The Kardashians have been canceled
- Are you afraid of your country's government?
- How to become a celebrity personal stylist
- Why did Chelsea sell Salah
- How heavy is titanium
- Where do electrons get their energy from?
- Are all atheists on the left
- What is the best first symphony
- Why is modern politics so dirty
- What's the cheapest country to watch Netflix in
- Why do people change for no reason
- Why China loves Pakistan so much
- We can succeed without hard work
- In Halo Reach who is Noble 6
- What are the diploma courses in medicine
- How is the intensive care unit cared for at home?
- What is safe creatinine level
- Benefits of the cashless economy
- Who likes grunge music but me
- Confident is a character trait
- How do you dress
- Think you prefer tolerance
- Women change after marriage
- Can emotions clog logic?
- Why do you like to research
- Are flared women's jeans still in fashion?
- Do you like bengali food