What is the student life like at Temple University
Studying in Essen
Essen is a big city in the center of the Ruhr area. It belongs to the Rhine-Ruhr metropolitan region. Thanks to the closely networked rail traffic, it is particularly possible for commuters and students from outside the city to comfortably get to Essen and work or study there. The city is not only easy to reach by bus, train and car, it is also a good place to be the fourth largest city in North Rhine-Westphalia represent.
As one of the most important and well-known industrial locations in the Ruhr area, some well-known large companies settled. Together with the neighboring city of Duisburg, the city offers both companies and universities a location.
The city's universities
Since the largest university institution in the city of Essen is also located in Duisburg, it bears the name University Duisburg-Essen. The university is divided between the Essen and Duisburg campuses, which cooperate closely with each other. A wide variety of subjects with different orientations can be studied here. The university offers both humanities courses such as history and engineering courses such as mechanical engineering or medical technology.
New students who are particularly interested in technology will find a suitable course here. Only for applied computer science can three different focuses choose that you can study in both the bachelor's and master's degrees. In total, courses are taught at eleven different faculties. Partnerships with international universities and companies enable international exchange and easier career entry.
In Essen, however, a completely different path can also be taken. The FOM University of Economics & Management offers courses in economics and management or health and social affairs, for example. In Essen there is also an international branch of the FOM called eufom - European School for Economics & Management. Among other things, European Management can be studied here.
In the artistic field, the city in the Ruhr area also has two universities to offer. The courses in the fields of fine arts, music, dance or theater are offered by theFolkwang University of the Arts and the Essen University of Fine Arts at.
In addition, the distance university is HFH-Hamburger Fern-Hochschule located in Essen.
Life in the Ruhr area
Since the Ruhr area is particularly affected by the Local and long-distance transport very closely networked one is not necessarily forced to live, live and work in Essen. Nevertheless, this is even right here inexpensive possible. The Studierendenwerk Essen-Duisburg takes care of dormitories in Duisburg, Essen and Mülheim an der Ruhr. In Essen alone, the Studierendenwerk has seven residential complexes in which furnished or unfurnished rooms can be rented in small apartments or in shared flats. Some of the apartments are even handicapped accessible or suitable for small families. The room standard includes internet and cable connections. In some houses there is even a party room where the shared apartments can spend the evenings together.
Outside the dormitories, you can also find fairly cheap, larger apartments. The Studierendenwerk offers advice on financing your studies, but there is no job exchange. Jobs can also be found on the notice boards at universities.
The leisure activities are part of everyday life in Essen. Besides the big one Shopping center on Limbecker Platz you can spend your free day and evening in cozy bars like the Panic Room or the Temple Bar spend To relax from the stress at university, you can simply relax in the Grugapark or the Stadtgarten when the weather is nice. A visit to the Zeche Zollverein or the Landscape Park Duisburg-Nord is also recommended, as you can not only see the history of the Ruhr area there, but also see a light show in the evening, especially in the Landscape Park.
If you are looking for the right student party on the weekend, you are in good hands at turock or Loca 71. Student council parties take place at the university itself at regular intervals. These are always announced in good time by posters and flyers.
You can find part-time jobs, internships and entry-level positions in Essen in UNICUM career center.
How expensive is life in Essen? All information in UNICUM cost of living calculator.
- How are Muslims treated in Canada
- Is someone addicted to learning
- How do I overcome my weakening shyness
- Is China a nation state
- How to debug code with breakpoints
- When did Naruto change?
- Best party place in Kolkata
- How do you say listen in Greek
- Can the United States ever be conquered?
- What rehabilitation programs are offered in the prison?
- How does Quora benefit your blog fonts
- What does the Hindi word Raat mean
- What was the first post-grunge band
- How would a jellyfish taste
- Wealthy people use debit cards
- Why do Americans dress so casually
- How can I strengthen my personality
- Is it legal to record a conversation in California?
- Why are some executives better than others
- How beautiful is the silence
- What are some wolf tattoo designs
- Where do the Turks come from?
- Why is my Apple ID disabled?
- What will soldiers look like in the future?
- What are the goals of sustainable tourism
- How do things become a fad
- It's hard to be a professor in Singapore
- Which politicians are killing democracy in India
- What relaxes you the most
- What are some good manufacturers of clothing
- What do psychopaths like 1
- How did George Washington die
- Why is eHarmony considered a scam
- Which is the most popular Australian candy