Can you make pizza with pasta sauce
Perfect enjoyment: make tomato sauce for pizza yourself
Herbs, onions and red tomatoes - these are the ingredients for a fruity tomato sauce.
For 2 smaller pizzas
- about 500 grams of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of oregano and basil
- Sugar, salt and pepper
We'll show you how you can easily make a delicious tomato sauce for your pizza yourself.
Whether with salami, lots of cheese or seafood: everyone has their favorite pizza. What should definitely not be missing on the dough cake is the fruity tomato sauce. It gives the pizza its incomparable aroma, which tastes as if the pizza was baked in the sun and not in a stone oven. If you are already transforming your kitchen into an Italian bakery with our yeast dough recipe, you can also try our recipe for the pizza tomato sauce - and get that Italian holiday feeling into your home.
Green herbs, white onions, red tomatoes - there is a reason why the ingredients for the homemade pizza tomato sauce reflect the colors of the Italian flag. Whether you prepare the tomato sauce for the pizza dough from fresh tomatoes or from canned tomatoes is up to you. Just try what you like better. Canned tomatoes like this one usually have an intense aroma, while tomatoes from the supermarket can taste a bit watery. You should peel fresh tomatoes beforehand. You can do this, for example, by scratching the skin and then blanching the fruit. After quenching, you can easily peel off the tomato skin with a knife.
Tomato sauce for pizza: our recipe gives you the choice
You have two options for making the tomato sauce for the pizza yourself: Either you prepare a quick and easy tomato sauce for the pizza with the hand blender - or you take a little more time and let the sauce simmer.
In both cases, the ingredients are prepared first: Dice tomatoes, garlic and onions. If the homemade pizza tomato sauce is pureed, the pieces can stay a little coarser.
Make tomato sauce for pizza yourself in a flash
For the quick pizza and tomato sauce recipe, put all ingredients except for the spices in a blender or a tall container and chop up. When the desired consistency is reached, season to taste. The sugar slightly removes the acidity of the tomatoes, the herbs bring an Italian flair to the homemade tomato sauce for the pizza. If you have fresh herbs on hand, finely chop them beforehand. The dried version from the spice rack is just as good. Spread the sauce mixed with the herbs on the pizza base.
The perfect tomato sauce simmers to itself
An extra portion of Amore for the perfect tomato sauce? Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or pan and add the finely chopped onions. When these are translucent, add the tomatoes and garlic and simmer on a medium heat for about half an hour. After 20 minutes, season with salt, pepper and sugar and season with the herbs. The tomato sauce should already have a smooth consistency after simmering. If you like it even finer, you can use the hand blender again before the sauce comes onto the pizza.
Image: © Fotolia, 96953812, Jag_cz
- There are dirty truths in everything
- Have you ever dreamed in your dream
- What is the korean culture
- Can you overcome human nature
- How are commercial flights planned?
- What is Hindutva 3
- Should we put democracy over economic development
- Why do people disable Facebook accounts
- PhD consultants make mistakes
- What is a sack of meat
- Why are some ships dry docked?
- Handbags go out of style
- Are ENTJS too materialistic
- Insurance companies pay for abortions 1
- Who is the worst Indonesian President
- Television is viewed as social media
- How to propagate a Christmas cactus
- Who are famous female narcissists
- What are you in the closet for
- What are some really weird love stories
- What are old people doing in China
- Are rights equal to privileges
- How cool are you as a parent
- What are the benefits of freelance jobs