Why should a US citizen visit Canada
Entry requirements Canada
Staying in Canada - when and for whom does a visa requirement apply?
According to the Entry requirements of Canada Germans, Swiss and Austrians do not need an "official visa" for tourist or business stays of up to six months, but one in any case Electronic Travel Authorization for Canada (ETA Canada).
Changes to entry requirements for Canada from March 2016
In March 2016, Canada introduced an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter Canada. The online application process is similar to ESTA for the USA: It is intended for nationals of countries that do not require a visa. ETA Canada is intended to increase security and must therefore be applied for before departure.
An ETA for Canada does not apply, if:
- work is started on site
- the stay exceeds 6 months
- the immigration authorities have previously refused entry to the visitor or have rejected his visa application.
In the cases mentioned, a type of visa that corresponds to the purpose of the trip must be applied for before the start of the trip. B. a work visa, working holiday visa or a student visa.
Entry requirements for entry without a visa
For foreigners there is Passport requirement in Canada. The identity card is not permitted, but provisional and children's passports are. All children need their own passport. A minimum validity of 6 months at the border crossing is required for the permitted identification documents.
Upon arrival in Canada, an immigration questionnaire will be conducted where immigration officials (CBSA) will ask the visitor to explain their travel intentions. The authority requires all persons to have sufficient financial means for their stay. A poor state of health, previous trips to risk areas (e.g. Ebola area) or a criminal past may be reasons for an entry refusal.
The regulations of the visa-free entry largely apply to citizens of the following countries:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain, Hong Kong (passport of the Special Administrative Region), Ireland, Iceland, Israel (holder of Israeli passports), Italy, Japan, Korea, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Solomon Islands, Samoa, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Hungary, USA, Vatican, Cyprus
Residents of the British Overseas Territories (Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, Turks and Caicos Islands) are required to prove that they are part of the United Kingdom.
Visitors from all other countries require a valid visa for Canada, regardless of the intended travel or length of stay.
Non-tourist and non-business travel purposes: Entry with a visa
If the exemption from the visa requirement does not apply, Germans, Swiss, Austrians and all other travelers also need a visa. The Canadian embassies and consulates general as official missions abroad issue the entry permits.
Because there is no visa and immigration department in the Canadian embassy in Germany (Berlin), the embassy of Canada in Austria is responsible for visa applications from people residing in Germany.
More information about customs and Entry requirements of Canada can be found on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
- Are the Brazilians becoming more monarchistic
- How similar are Turkish and Persian
- Love to wear choker necklaces
- Why don't my razor blades go away
- What is our identity before God
- Are there any drugs for hepatitis C.
- Who elects governors and lieutenant governors
- How are felt hats made
- What do you think of linguistics
- Which international payment system does Iran support?
- Who controls the diamond trade
- Which person changed your life
- How much do travel vaccines cost
- Didn't someone else like Enders Game?
- Are single women more fashionable
- What sucks about being a black person
- Narcissism fueled by shame
- What happened to the WWE Championship Belt?
- Why is your spouse a rock star
- Big corporations are spying on us
- How did your grandmother influence your life
- Where can we buy a Charpoy cot
- Will Donald Trump be the last president
- Why do stores have sales