What is most valuable to you
Ranking: the 100 most valuable German brands
By Henning Eberhardt
“The German brands are not a mystery. You can rely on them ”, was the verdict of“ Brand Finance ”right at the beginning of its 60-page brand value ranking for the German market. For the evaluation of the top 100 brands in Germany, the consulting firm used its “Global 500” report from the beginning of this year as a basis (not all were listed under these 500).
"German brands demonstrate resilience and often increase their brand value more than their overall company value," says Ulf-Brün Drechsel Country Manager DACH, Brand Finance Germany.
Top10: the most valuable German brands
Mercedes-Benz, Deutsche Telekom, Volkswagen, BMW and Porsche will form the top 5 German brands in 2021. With Siemens, Bosch, SAP and Audi, another four “engineering brands” are among the top 10. The discounter has now improved slightly from twelfth to eleventh place Aldi up close and personal with the ten most valuable German brands.
While there are no obvious surprises in the top 10 of the “Brand Finance” brand value ranking, there have been some shifts in the places behind.
Brand value ranking: the winners
The following five brands had the relatively largest gains in brand equity:
- Through enormous organic sales growth is Delivery Hero This year, according to “Brand Finance”, the “shooting star and also the fastest growing brand”. Orders have almost doubled and Delivery Hero will remain the world's leading delivery service with unlimited growth and thus further brand value potential, explain the authors of the study.
- The likewise extraordinarily high increase in the brand value of the brand E.on is based on the one hand from the takeover of Innogy and the associated expectations of investors on synergies according to "Brand Finance" On the other hand, customers were increasingly turning to brands, also because the company succeeded in “bringing energy and supply-related, system-relevant services closer to customers, especially during the pandemic”. Furthermore, the “consistent media investment in brand communication and credible action analogous to a CSR strategy with a focus on sustainability and climate neutrality also bear fruit in the positive brand evaluation”.
- Crucial drivers for the increase in brand value of Zalando were for “Brand Finance” the “increasing familiarity with the brand, the trend towards online shopping and here also the partner initiatives such as the connected retail program”.
- The Metro Group has sold Real for profitability reasons and is now in the process of consolidation on the way to becoming a pure wholesaler. The clear direction strengthens trust in the brand, judges “Brand Finane”.
- Otto is another established retail brand that was able to operate successfully despite the influences of the Covid-19 pandemic. The changes in purchasing behavior have further fueled Otto's existing online business. The Otto.de platform is continuously increasing the active customer base, according to the reason for the increase in the brand value of the Hamburg group.
Brand value ranking: the losers
It is followed by the five brands with the greatest relative losses in brand value.
- The last balance sheet of the leading car rental company Sixt does not yet take into account the effects of the pandemic, but the brand value of Sixt was nevertheless strongly influenced negatively. The pandemic significantly reduced business travel and individual travel activities, and that hits car rental companies hard as well. In preparation for a sharp drop in demand, Sixt had announced drastic measures to reduce the vehicle fleet.
- The corona-related collapse in the automotive industry also led to a sharp decline in orders, sales losses and interrupted supply chains at the high-tech photonics company Osram, especially in the automotive division. This also reduced the brand value in the “Brand Finance” ranking.
- Brewery brands in Germany suffer almost consistently from the general decline in beer consumption and the extraordinary lockdown effects. Total sales at the leading AB Inbev has fallen sharply as a result of export and sales restrictions. The brand value of the brand Beck’s fell significantly, mainly due to the lack of awareness of the brand in the catering and hotel industries and the associated sales losses with increased capital costs.
Auto industry dominates brand value ranking
In terms of sectors, it is not surprising that the automobile sector with the proportionately highest cumulative brand value stands out in the auto nation Germany. Around 1.7 billion euros and thus 37.5 percent of the entire Top100 ranking fall to seven car manufacturers between Wolfsburg and Stuttgart.
Most of the brands in the Top100 ranking of the most valuable German brands come from the retail sector. Ten companies come to a cumulative brand value of 411.8 billion euros, which makes up nine percent of all 100 brands examined.
The calculation method and detailed findings can be found in the annual report on Germany's most valuable brands, which you is available for download here.
sales economy +
Do you want more relevant information and exciting backgrounds for your daily work in marketing? Then subscribe to our free newsletter here.
- What do Australians think of Latinos
- How do I track a check number
- Is there an Indian semiconductor manufacturing company
- What is the advantage of an antenna
- Eating cooks away
- How to write Paris in French
- Is BJP anti poor
- Where does the Om symbol come from
- When did Jawahar Lal Nehru die?
- Where can I buy blobs online
- How accessible is Providence
- What are the characteristics of a sociopath
- Where do people have sex parties
- How do fashion houses make money
- What's your biggest turn-off
- National clothing of America
- Why do Kazakhs have light skin
- What kind of people wear compression pants
- Was Adolf Hitler a right wing player
- How is an underground transport system ventilated?
- Has a speech ever changed your life?
- Which tea comes from your country
- How can I help an old person
- Is Bangladesh really Pakistan's enemy?