Is UV resin good for jewelry
Pour UV resin
What is UV resin pouring?
UV resin pouring is the latest Craft trend from Asia! With UV resin you can make beautiful jewelry yourself, like Pendants, rings, earrings,Hair accessories, brooches, bangles & Key rings. You can also use this synthetic resin to make small gifts and decorative items, such as Crystals for cosplay costumes or for sun catchers, mumble, colorful buttons for sewing and much more. There are no limits to your creativity when casting UV resin!
What is UV resin?
UV resin is a transparent gel that hardens crystal clear in ultraviolet (UV) light or direct sunlight. Unlike other resins, such as epoxy resin, with UV resin casting you have full control over when and how quickly the synthetic resin hardens. So you can take the time your works deserve when creatively creating, glazing, sealing and protecting your jewelry and creations.
PixieCrafting UV resin are available in different versions - thin, thick or soft (flexible). Low viscosity UV resin is particularly suitable for very thin layers and spreads itself in narrow and filigree shapes as well as metal frames. With the thick UV resin you can easily create dome e ects, with thicker layers this creates a very aesthetic enlargement e ect. UV resin soft remains pliable after curing.
You can find out more about the different UV resin types - thin UV resin, thick UV resin & the flexible UV resin soft, in our article: UV resin differences
What can I pour in UV resin?
- Glitter, tinsel & rhinestones & nail art inlays: Similar to nail design, you can pour glitter, tinsel, sparkling rhinestones, metal inlays (in gold or silver) or colorful Fimo inlays into your pieces of jewelry. You can also simply use it to decorate your works on the outside.
- Stickers & foils: Nail art stickers, acrylic stickers, water transfer stickers & motif foils can also be poured into UV resin.
- Craft supplies: All kinds of craft material can also be poured into UV resin. It is important that the material has a sealed surface, i.e. that it cannot absorb liquid (like a sponge or paper). It would be possible to insert pearls, jewelry pendants, wire & metal rings, acrylic stones (Diamond Dotz), hardened Fimo, sequins, buttons, mosaic stones and whatever your creative minds may have. 🙂
- Natural materials: You can pour flowers & leaves, dried moss & tree bark, nutshells, sand, semi-precious stones, clams & shell fragments, empty snail shells and much more into the UV resin. It is important that the natural material is completely dry, i.e. has no residual moisture.
How can I dye UV resin?
Our PixieCrafting UV resin is crystal clear after hardening. However, you can color it in any shade you want with color pigments and pigment powder. You can find out more about this in our article: Coloring UV Resin
How do you use UV resin?
PixieCrafting UV resin is very easy to use! The bottles have a practical Spray nozzlewith which you can apply the resin with pinpoint accuracy. Of course, you can also put the resin in a mixing container if you have one of ours PixieCrafting pigments or want to work in glitter. Now you illuminate the UV resin with a UV lamp and it will be rock hard within a few minutes.
How long does UV resin have to cure?
The best results at Curing of UV resin do you achieve with one UV box or a strong one UV lamp. The UV resin usually hardens quickly and without sticky residues on the surface. How fast it gets hard depends on the strength of your UV lamp, but also on whether you have added color pigments to the UV resin.
- UV lamp: 1-2 minutes curing time; The stronger the UV light, the shorter the curing time.
- Direct sunlight: 10-15 minutes curing time
- Indirect sunlight (cloudy day): 30-60 minutes curing time
Tips & tricks for tinkering with UV resin
Dealing with PixieCrafting UV resin is child's play, but you should heed the following tips to get an optimal casting result:
- Wear that UV resin in thin layers that you cure individually, preferably no thicker than 2mm.
- Make sure that your UV light Reached all nooks and crannies of the still liquid UV resin during curing. With complex shapes in particular, you can forget a small corner that unfortunately remains fluid or sticky.
- To be on the safe side that that UV light can penetrate even into the most remote corners of your piece of jewelry and thus become evenly hard, you can harden it after a few minutesturn & turn and irradiate again with UV light.
- After filling in the UV resin, watch out for air bubbles rising. You can easily burst these by near a flame, such as from a lighter.
Crafting instructions for the correct handling of UV resin
- UV resin Although it is flame retardant, make sure you are safe when you expose it to your lighter flame to burst the air bubbles.
- Use that UV resin in a well-ventilated room. Use gloves, glasses, and an apron to avoid direct contact with your skin, eyes, and clothing.
- If your open UV resin too long under a daylight lamp or the Sunlight (UV) exposed, it may inadvertently harden. Make sure that sunlight doesn't shine through your window directly onto your workspace.
- Which Muslim country allows Indians to move?
- Women change after marriage
- What does life mean in the moment
- Is an internship in Ecil good
- Why should I study linguistics
- What are some must-see places in Boston
- Which wire is used in heaters
- Which countries have Netflix
- How are you really
- Why don't the left like centrists
- What is the significance of variance
- What are the benefits of tropical fruits
- How is Ritalin withdrawal
- Where can I find good steampunk costumes
- How expensive was your wedding dress
- Can measles cure cancer?
- What is AugustaWestland Chopper Scam
- Which is powerful element
- Are apples suitable to eat after dinner?
- How do you like a masochist sexually?
- Does justice really make sense
- How much do RN first responders make
- Does my address affect the background check
- What does it mean to be American