What kinds of people get famous
World changers: people who move the world
Politicians, athletes, philosophers and more - we encounter numerous names and faces every day. The GEOlino.de series is dedicated to such famous personalities.
Betrayed, lonely, misunderstood Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
Annette von Droste-Hülshoff would rather write and discuss than sew. Her family always ridiculed her for this and denounced her writings. The poet was simply ahead of her time
Around the world by bike Annie Londonderry
It is a sensation! 124 years ago, Annie Londonderry got on the saddle in Boston: She was the first woman in the world to want to cycle around the globe. Your husband, your children? Stay at home. An adventurous tour begins. Or?
Industrialization Alfred Krupp: The steel baron
The Ruhr area changed rapidly in the 19th century. In just a few years, the rural idyll will become Germany's most important industrial region. Thousands of people flock to the city from the countryside. Many find work in Alfred Krupp's gigantic steel factory, who once started out very small
Moving history of Alfred Wegener and plate tectonics
Why do volcanoes erupt? And why do earthquakes shake some areas particularly often? Because the continents move through what is known as plate tectonics! A young researcher named Alfred Wegener claimed this as early as the beginning of the 20th century. His older colleagues laughed at him. Right? This only became apparent long after Alfred Wegener's death
World changer Aung San Suu Kyi
Aung San Suu Kyi accepted 15 years of house arrest in the struggle for peace in her home country of Burma. Read the whole story of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate here
World changer Alexander the Great
As a youth, Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia, conquered the greatest empire in the history of antiquity. Read more about his life and his deeds!
World changer Albert Einstein
His main work, the theory of relativity, made him world famous. But the physicist Albert Einstein also proved his skills in other fields. You can read which ones were here
World changer Angela Merkel
Angela Merkel is considered the most powerful woman in the world. Since 2005 she has ruled Germany as a Bundeskranzlerin. Read how she made it this far!
World changer Anna Stepanovna Politkovskaya
The journalist Anna Politkovskaya spoke out openly against the war in Chechnya and the corruption in the Russian government. For that she paid with her life
World changer Astrid Lindgren
Author Astrid Lindgren changed the world of many children with books like "Pippi Longstocking". You can read here how the Swede lived her life
World changer Aristotle
He was a scientist, biologist, physicist and philosopher: Aristotle wrote writings as early as 300 years before Christ that are still valid today. You can read which ones are here
- What is your experience with refugees?
- How do I track my phone location
- Which oceans border on Brazil
- What or who is Lucifer
- Is Sri Lanka worth visiting
- What are the parishes in Jamaica
- Most white Americans are of British descent
- What telltale signs of undiagnosed BPD
- How did Mao Zedong modernize China
- Who was the first female governor
- What is the political scenario of india
- Why was Sound Gecko shut down
- What are the parishes in Jamaica
- Why do most men change after getting married
- Why don't people look at me
- What if the US attacks India
- Contains alcohol and caffeine
- What are the problems after independence
- What are some problems with individualism
- How popular is Eminem
- Why did you leave Canada for America
- A rounded diamond is possible
- What should I wear in Hong Kong?
- Labcorp is an international company