How did Hinduism spread
Spread of Hinduism
Hinduism (also known as "Sanatana Dharma") is a polytheistic or henotheistic religion. Unlike in Christianity, for example, there is no single God or All-Father. Rather, it is a complex of differently shaped traditions and religions that have developed and overlaid over time. The largest Hindu currents are Vishnuism, Shaktism and Shivaism.
Phases of diffusionThe oldest knowledge about Hinduism goes with the pre-Vedic religions up to the 3rd millennium BC. BC back. Within India, the spread of Hinduism took place slowly at first, and it was not until the 12th century AD that Buddhism was pushed to the second place. To this day, however, Hindu and Buddhist traditions are still mixed in many countries.
In the neighboring countries of Southeast Asia, the number of followers rose steadily in the first 600 years after Christ. In Burma, Cambodia and Malaysia, trade routes played an essential role in the development of Hindu communities. In many of these regions, however, Hinduism was later largely replaced by Buddhism.
Hindu proportions are also noticeable in the countries that belonged to the British Empire at the beginning of the 20th century. India was also part of it from 1858 to 1947, which is why numerous traders and workers moved to the other British territories. The distribution areas in the Middle East and North America, where numerous Indian workers have been drawn for about 30 years, have a similar background.
Hindu Dharma in BaliThe Indonesian island of Bali plays a special role in the spread of Hinduism. Indonesia as a whole has a clearly predominant Muslim population with a share of almost 90%. The situation is reversed only on the island of Bali, where 90% of the population belongs to the Hindu Dharma religion. The first Hindus were here as early as the 8th century. Bali became the "Island of a Thousand Temples" in 1478, when the Hindus from the neighboring island of Java, displaced by Islam, moved to Bali.
- Who ships with AliExpress
- What are the advantages of integrating Zenpayroll partners
- How long can the earth sustain life?
- What are some of the competitors to SAP
- What is politics
- What are the subjects of EC technology
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder is really a choice
- How do you say that in Tagalog
- Australia likes the Philippines
- Do you want to vent
- What is process costing
- Which myths about the Philippines bother you
- Which prison is more difficult Russian or American
- What are the Oracle ERP Certifications
- What is an inexplicable paranormal experience that you had
- Where was Nehru imprisoned
- How needy are Australian Sheepdogs
- Is Luka Modric overrated
- How is dating in Sweden
- When is jewelry considered vintage?
- People are inherently two-sided
- What is a hospital doctor job description
- Is Madrid a polluted city
- Why do parents not understand young people
- What is the business model of Shopbacks
- Women's fashion and style clothes and apparel
- Can you die of CRF
- What does health care cost
- What is the main future of CAD
- What do Tunisians think of Israel?
- How can you repeat videos on YouTube
- How can we reverse aging?
- Most people are unfair
- Will UK house prices ever fall?