What is the chemical formula of gunpowder
Hello and welcome to this video. The video is called: Gunpowder. You already know substances, mixtures of substances, oxidation, sulfur, carbon and salts. Afterwards you can name the composition of black powder. You know how it is made, how it is used and the brief history of black powder. The film is divided into four sections: Composition and Manufacture, Use, About the Story, and Warning. 1. Composition and manufacture: Black powder was the first explosive. Black powder is a mixture of substances. It consists of three other substances. From charcoal: around 15%, from sulfur: around 10% and from saltpeter: around 75%. Two similar but different chemical substances are combined under the name of saltpeter. One has the formula KNO3l: This is "potassium nitrate", potassium nitrate or NaNO3l: "Chile's nitrate", sodium nitrate. Sodium nitrate attracts water. It's hygroscopic. Therefore it is less suitable in an explosive. Potash nitrate is not hygroscopic. Hence it is mostly used. Potash nitrate is used as an oxidizing agent in black powder. The other two substances, sulfur and charcoal, are oxidized in the chemical reaction. Black powder is made from the individual components in so-called powder mills, as was the case in the Middle Ages. After grinding, pressing takes place. Certain shapes are pressed from the powder. This process happens several times. Different grain sizes are produced depending on the use. It is important that the mixture is not hit or hit, otherwise it could explode. 2. Use: In the past, black powder was widely used in firearms. This applied to both handguns and cannons. Today - by this we mean from around 1850 - black powder has lost its military importance. It is widely used in pyrotechnics. It is used in fireworks. In firecrackers it serves as a charge, in fireworks it is the propulsion means. In addition, black powder is used in the quarry as a gentle explosive. In the marble quarry or in the granite quarry, large pieces are preserved and can be transported away as a whole. 3. About history: Today we are pretty sure that the history of black powder did not begin in China and also not in Arabia. And the monk Berthold Schwarz did not give it his name either. Byzantium played the most important role in the development of black powder. 4. Warning: I Googled the following reaction for the black powder here. This takes place in the event of an explosion. So black powder is not just an explosive; it also forms the poisonous gas carbon monoxide CO. The private production of black powder is prohibited under German law. Hoping not to have spoiled your mood with the last sentence, I wish you all the best. Bye.
- How do fresh strawberries taste
- What is a circuit breaker 2
- 3D TV is dead
- How many citizens voted in ancient Athens
- Are there honest business people
- What is an expensive Korean dish
- What is the sexiest men's underwear
- What are legal offenses
- Propose women to men in Ghana
- What is the pragmatics trash
- What is the goal of Zionism
- What makes the love meter of an INTJ tick
- Why don't more Americans use public transport?
- We are ourselves
- Can psychopaths get ASMR
- Creates eye contact attraction
- Are metal studs better than wood
- Why didn't the Mongols eliminate Vietnam?
- What is Universal Basic Income
- Why Mysore silk sari are expensive
- What will happen if China attacks us?
- What are different names of india
- Does my friend have a histrionic personality disorder
- What's wrong with today's society