Why is faith so important to God
What does belief mean?
Some people say "believing" means "not knowing" and for some areas of life this is also true: "I don't know if the weather will be nice tomorrow, but I believe it!"
Let's take another example: I don't know when the next train will leave for my journey home. That's why I ask the railway official. I believe him because to me he is believable. Because I believe him, I know more than someone who doesn't ask.
People believe in each other, that's what defines our lives. Spouses believe each other's words because the other is believable. When someone says: "I love you", the loved one believes whoever says this, and not only does life become richer, but such belief makes the person truly knowledgeable: I know that the other loves me because I believe him.
Such belief has to do with trust. The point here is not that I believe someone who is credible.
When someone says: I believe in God, what does he actually want to say? Either he means: “I believe that God exists, but I don't know exactly!” That is not the belief that we Christians mean. But when he wants to say, “I trust God in my life. For me, God is of the deepest credibility. I entrust my life to God! ”Then we are in the middle of the biblical understanding of faith. Because Jesus also says: “Believe in God and believe in me!” Of course he does not want to say: “Believe that God exists and that I exist!”, But rather he says: “Put your life trustingly on God and on me ! ". Sometimes I wonder what this means when more or less people say they “Believe in God” in a poll. Do you take note of its existence? Or do they actually place their trust in the infinite personal counterpart, which in our language is called "God"?
Faith in Change
60 key terms explained.
144 pages, 3.50 euros
Order this book ...
In the creed, too, “faith” is used in this sense. "I believe in God, in his Son Jesus, in the Holy Spirit, in the Church, the communion of saints, forgiveness of sins, resurrection of the dead, eternal life". That means: I trustfully place my hope in God ... That is why the creed does not say “I believe in the bad guy” because the bad guy cannot be the opposite of my trust.
In the sense of the creed, “faith” does not mean to accept with clenched teeth what I do not know, but to place my trust in God with hope, because I know that I am supported by him! “Believing” is not “not knowing”, but “knowing more” because I trust the word of someone who is extremely credible.
- Who is the youngest programmer in the world
- Is there any way I can die?
- Is Kimi Raeikkoenen done
- What is an entity model in MVC
- Who discovered the gemstone
- What is technology in teaching and learning
- What are some movies with multiple endings
- Scottish independence is irreversible
- What are the best online payment processors
- How much does laser engraving cost
- How to make obsidian at home
- How is rural China
- Should globalism stand above nationalism
- Can you carry measles without having it?
- Who owns the largest private island
- Why are diamonds rarer than graphite 1
- What is your rating of Hinduism 1
- Who is the oldest member of Congress
- Is it safe with blood pressure pills
- What is the cheapest car produced in China
- How do you grow your entertainment business
- Is a company's financial information public
- How similar are Manitoba and Saskatchewan
- What is modernism in English literature