What is a diamond in the rough
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Raw | di | a | mant, Plural: Raw | di | a | man | ten
- IPA: [ˈʀoːdiaˌmant]
- 1) diamond still in the rough
- Determinative compound from the adjective raw and the noun diamond
- 1) diamond
- 1) „Rough diamonds Only invited business partners were allowed to buy at predetermined prices. "
- Nominative: singular rough diamond; Plural Rough diamonds
- Genitive: singular Rough diamonds; Plural Rough diamonds
- Dative: singular Rough diamonds; Plural Rough diamonds
- Accusative: singular Rough diamonds; Plural Rough diamonds
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„An architectural one rough diamond for sale.“
Mopo, June 10, 2019
„The second solo single by the Ersguterjunge rapper proves: Der rough diamond remains unpolished.“
laut.de, October 5th, 2018
„Nothing is as much fun for us as rummaging through the archives of the 'Kicker'. Which is why we asked ourselves the question: Who actually became a magic mouse there and when, rough diamond etc. designated?“
11Freunde, September 12, 2018
„In France he has long been known as rough diamond known.“
90min, February 06, 2019
„This failed so far due to Besiktas ‘insolvency, but could now thanks to a deal with Fenerbahçes rough diamond Realize Eljif Elmas.“
LigaBlatt, June 18, 2019
„As big as a tennis ball: the 'Sewelo' is the second largest rough diamond of the world. It was shown in Paris.“
Today.at, January 21, 2020
„The rough diamond named Sewolo, which was discovered in Botswana in April 2019, weighs 1,758 carats. The purchase also carries a risk for the fashion company.“
DiePresse.com, January 17, 2020
„After the draw it is now clear that Salzburg rough diamond Lukas Neumayer will NOT meet star Dominic Thiem at the Generali Austria Pro Series tournament in Südstadt from May 25th.“
Krone.at, May 14, 2020
„The rough diamond was discovered in a Canadian mine in the South African state of Botswana and named "Sewelo". In the local language this means something like "rare find".“
Südtirol Online, January 21, 2020
„The focus: a huge one rough diamond from southern Africa.“
Financial Trends, January 17, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "rough diamond":
raw: ... treat like a raw egg 3) where raw forces are senseless.
jewel: ... dearest, lover 3b) treasure, gem, splendid piece Opposite words: 1) mineral, rough diamond 2) junk, costume jewelery 3a) enemy, stranger 3b) junk, eyesore ...
Rough diamonds:… IPA: [ˈʀoːdiaˌmantn̩] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Rohdiamant Dative singular of the noun Rohdiamant Accusative singular of the noun…
almaz: ... with strong light refraction; Diamond Typical word combinations: 1) almaz şaxtası - diamond mine, cilalanmamış almaz - rough diamond See translations for diamond ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Rohdiamant" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Rohdiamant/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "rough diamond" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Rough diamonds (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Roh | di | a | man | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Pig iron (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular pig iron; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Pig iron production (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Roheisenproduktion; Majority of pig iron production ...
Pig iron production (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Roh | ei | sen | pro | duk | ti | o | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Pig iron (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Roh | ei | sens Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Rudeness (German) Roheit is an outdated spelling of rawness, which has not been correct since the 1996 reform.
Rudeness (German) Roughness is an outdated spelling of rawness that has not been used since the 1996 reform ...
Raw rot (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: Einzahl die Rohfäule; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
Rawness (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular rawness; Plural rawness genitive: singular ...
Rawness (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Raw | hei | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʁoːhaɪ̯tn̩]…
Rohingya (English) Part of speech: noun Hyphenation:, no plural Word meaning / definition: 1) a language that is from ...
- Who is the most famous Chinese singer
- Is dating more difficult for men or women
- Should the US help New Zealand?
- What is content marketing strategist
- What's wrong with the following code 2
- Which is the most relaxing song ever
- Is biting viewed as self harm
- What the hell is Brexit
- Catholics believe in Kabbalah
- How do British monarchy titles work
- Victoria BC is a nice student city
- Do US Free Trade Zones have borders
- Can Christians cremate a corpse?
- How do you know your lifelong dream
- How do deaf and dumb people think
- Knowledge is useless compared to wisdom
- What are your favorite sexy socks
- How to calculate a triangular ray
- Is Asutosh College good for statistical honors
- Is Bill Maher Islamophobic
- Covers Medicare invisible aligners
- Why are psychopaths considered evil
- Which language has the most unusual grammar?
- What is content marketing strategist