How did Denmark deal with the immigration crisis
Slovenia: Persistently high numbers of refugees on the Balkan route
Even at the end of the year, thousands of refugees continue to come daily via the Balkan route to Austria and Germany. On Tuesday alone, 2,000 migrants were counted in Slovenia by noon, reported the Slovenian Interior Secretary Boštjan Šefic. The day before it was 4,200, over the Christmas weekend almost 11,000 people were registered.
Since Hungary sealed its borders with a fence in mid-October and the Balkan refugee route has passed through Slovenia, around 372,000 people have traveled through to Western and Northern Europe.
The influx of refugees from Turkey to Greece has also continued unabated. On Tuesday morning, around 1,000 refugees arrived on board a ferry in the port of Piraeus. The migrants had crossed from Turkey mainly to the Greek islands of Lesbos, Chios and Samos, as the coast guard announced.
According to the latest information from the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), 840,839 people came from Turkey to Greece by sea between the beginning of the year and December 27th. 57 percent of the refugees come from Syria. The island of Lesbos, where more than 490,000 refugees have arrived since the beginning of the year, is the most polluted.
Meanwhile, around 300 EU border guards had been dispatched to the Aegean with 15 boats, reported the Greek state broadcaster, citing the coast guard in Piraeus. "However, these officials do not have an order to stop the migrants," said an officer of the Greek coast guard.
However, the program to relocate refugees from Greece to other EU countries is not making good progress. Of the planned 66,400 resettlements, only 82 have taken place so far, reported the Athens newspaper Kathimerini citing the competent Greek asylum authority.
Thousands of refugees to Germany every day
Thousands of people continue to arrive in Germany every day. From Christmas Eve to Sunday, 12,740 refugees were registered upon arrival, the federal police said. On Boxing Day alone, 3,610 were counted, on Thursday it was 2,395. In the four days, 476 refugees left Germany again.
According to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees, around 1.8 million refugees came to the EU this year, around one million of them to Germany. This is the highest number in the history of the Federal Republic.
- Are there male lesbians
- How did Hitler destroy democracy in Germany?
- What is pure Telugu word for water
- Is free internet possible
- Is child labor a social crime
- Why does romantic attention make me uncomfortable?
- What would happen if Donald Trump won?
- What are the best organic clothing dropshippers
- What are the next two European countries
- How can I contact investors on AngelList
- What is B35 concrete
- Which one is correct 2
- Why has fashion become more nervous
- How can I learn karate at home?
- What is Class A Narcissistic Care?
- Why do some people dislike Boris Johnson
- Should rapists face the death penalty
- All Muslim boys are circumcised
- How Haskell Programmers Debug
- How do you make your own sweets
- What was your first woodworking project
- Is it racist to hate Islam?
- What is TSSPDCL
- Did Miyamoto Musashi go to Okinawa