How is the skull supported
traumatic brain injury
The traumatic brain injury consultation is part of the Department of Neuropsychology.
The brain is the most sensitive human organ. It is completely enclosed by the skull and is therefore well protected from injuries. The base of the skull is supported by the cervical spine. Trauma to the skull can also injure the brain. This is known as a traumatic brain injury (TBI). There are different types and degrees of severity of traumatic brain injury. In the case of severe TBI, characterized by long unconsciousness of more than half an hour up to considerably longer periods of time, long-term effects are likely. The physical consequences can be very diverse and depend on the region and severity of the brain damage. Often, however, the result is neuropsychological deficits such as disorders of cognition, attention, and stamina, or psychopathological deficits such as disorders of mood or drive.
The Department of Neuropsychology offers with the SHT consultation hour the possibility of an individual diagnosis, advice and care of patients after SHT. Patients from the University Hospital Zurich and external referring physicians are examined. The initial examination takes place normally within the first three months after TBI. Doctors and neuropsychologists from the neuropsychology department collect the physical-neurological and neuropsychological findings. These are the basis for assessing the need for treatment, ability to work and long-term prognosis.
Information and registration
University Hospital Zurich
Department of Neurology
Tel. +41 44 255 55 11
Fax +41 44 255 12 60
- How is Brazilian music seen in Europe?
- Should I learn CAD software or not
- Is the Indian national anthem legitimate
- What is the black water penalty
- Why do plastics not decompose in the soil?
- What is Poland's main export
- What fluids do moths contain
- A testicle is allowed in the army
- Men find androgynous looking women attractive
- Scooter is a sporty sport
- How do I get a master’s degree
- What is your retirement plan and expectations
- When do wisdom teeth break through
- I am disgusting why I can still live
- Why are you a gay man
- Is AI, NLP and ML in demand
- What is the organic green cabbage yield per acre
- Can emotions clog logic?
- How old was Superman
- How does goodwill make money
- How do the Russians see Hinduism
- ADHD will ever go away
- How big is Gibraltar
- SaaS providers own customer data