What is the most expensive handbag in the world
The Birkin Bag story begins with a complaint made by singer and actress Jane Birkin. In 1983, at the height of her career, she sat on a flight from Paris to London next to the then head of the French luxury brand Hermès, Jean-Louis Dumas.
When Birkin's belongings and papers fell on the floor, Dumas is said to have helped her pick them up. And she blamed the mishap on the fact that she couldn't find a suitable leather bag: "Handbags never have enough storage space, never enough space for my things." Birkin is said to have described in detail to the French how this bag should look like in your dream. Birkin Dumas claims to have drawn a rough draft on a vomit bag, she told the Telegraph in 2012. "I wanted a handbag that was bigger than a Kelly but smaller than Serge's suitcase." The Kelly bag is also a classic from Hèrmes and Serge Gainsbourg was Birkin's friend at the time.
Today, 33 years later, the Birkin Bag has long been THE status symbol in the handbag and fashion world. Everyone can agree on the mother of all it bags - from Duchess Catherine to Ivanka Trump to Kim Kardashian. No other handbag is so expensive and so sought-after. The Birkin-Bag is one of the pillars of Hèrmes' economic success - and yet not a model that wealthy customers can take away from business. The bag is not only sold out anytime and anywhere, there is even a waiting list for it. The cheapest model costs 5000 euros, bags made of crocodile leather are available from 33,000 euros. All Birkin Bags are still handcrafted by saddlers and bag makers on Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré in Paris.
This is also the case with the model that has now come under the hammer in Hong Kong. An unnamed bidder paid 2.94 million Hong Kong dollars (338,000 euros) for a 2014 "Himalaya" Birkin Bag. According to Christie's, the highest price ever for a handbag in an auction. The precious piece is made from matte white crocodile skin, with 18-karat gold buckles and handles set with 205 diamonds.
If you don't like this model: Jane Birkin. In 2015, the actress even wanted to cancel her name sponsorship for the handbag. Out of anger and annoyance at how crocodiles supposedly have to die for this bag. However, the authenticity of the Peta videos that emerged at the time could not be clearly proven.
Whether crocodile or not - the bag is the ideal investment in any case. The Birkin Bag even brings more returns than gold and stocks.
- How do Filipinos see Bangladesh
- What is the currency of Paraguay 1
- Nobody loves most people
- How safe are digital payments
- How do I treat a woman properly
- Can teachers make a salary cut?
- What chemical is used in waterproofing bricks
- Why do people find paragraphs attractive?
- Does the laser treatment damage my skin
- How to say Loro in English
- Why is Chanel # 5 so famous?
- How do the Europeans feel about Matteo Salvini
- How to make natural deodorant
- What does that mean in Urdu
- What percentage is required for MS
- Who are the highest paid UFC fighters
- How is life in extremely cold countries
- Is Palestine an independent country
- What does libertarian stand for
- Gotta go to war with SWAT
- Is education more important than sport
- Is H-ion stable
- How do I sell medical equipment
- What job can make you extremely rich