What color diamond is the best value
Diamonds are named after the "4C"graduated:
- Color (Colour)
- Cut (Cut)
- Clarity (Purity)
- Carat (Weight)
The transitions between the individual classes are very fine and fluid, so that a certain technical effort as well as well-founded specialist knowledge and experience are required to be able to determine a stone precisely. Our in-house diamond appraiser was trained in diamond grading by the Gemmological Training Center Idar-Oberstein of the DGemG (German Gemmological Society).
Color - shade of the diamond
|D / E||F / G||H||I / J||K / L||M / N||O / P||Q / R||S / Z|
|Blue White||Fine white||White||Faintly tinted white||Toned white||Pale yellowish||yellowish||Pale yellow||Yellow / brown|
|River||Top Wesselton||Wesselton||Top crystal||Top cape||Cape-Yellow||Yellow||Fancy yellow||Yellow-Brown|
The main chemical component of a diamond is cubic crystallized carbon. When diamonds are formed, however, it is almost the rule that in addition to carbon, small amounts of other elements such as nitrogen or boron are included in the crystal structure. This in connection with the influence of natural radioactive earth radiation creates diamonds in almost every color. In principle, due to their relative rarity, the following applies: the whiter, the more expensive, the more yellow / brown, the less valuable. Extreme colors such as blue, pink or green, so-called fancy colors, are also rare and expensive, provided the color is of natural origin. In the jewelry sector, however, these colored diamonds are almost always artificially color manipulated.
Cut - the shape and proportions of a diamond
Type and shape of the cut
The 7 most common cuts are:
- Brilliant cut
- Heart cut
- Oval cut
- Princess cut
- Pear cut
- Emerald cut
- Marquise cut
The brilliant cut is the most common diamond cut.
A diamond has at least 32 facets.
Proportion of the cut
|Outstanding brilliance. Very good proportions. In relation to the girdle diameter (= 100%): table size between 52 and 64%, upper part height between 12 and 18%, lower part height between 42 and 45% and girdle thickness less than 3%.|
|Good brilliance. Proportions with minor deviations (up to max. 5%). Weakly disturbed symmetry.|
|The brilliance is noticeably reduced. Proportions with considerable deviations (max. 10%). Broken symmetry.|
|Significantly reduced brilliance. Proportions with very clear deviations. Strongly disturbed symmetry|
The right proportion is important so that the light is reflected at the right angle within the stone and the diamond gets a glowing "fire".
Clarity - the purity / inclusions of a diamond
Clarity - Clarity of the diamond rated at 10x magnification
Absolutely flawless, no inclusions visible
Very, very small inclusions
Very, very small inclusions, difficult to see at ten times magnification
GIA: vvs1, vvs2
Very small inclusions
Very small inclusions, difficult to see at ten times magnification
GIA: vs1, vs2
Small inclusions, easy to see at ten times magnification
GIA: si1, si2
CIBJO P I
Inclusions immediately visible at 10x magnification, not reducing the brilliance
GIA: l 1
CIBJO P II
Larger and / or numerous inclusions that slightly reduce the brilliance. Can be seen with the naked eye
GIA: l 2
CIBJO P III
Large and / or numerous inclusions, considerably reducing the brilliance
GIA: l 3
Carat - weight / size of a diamond
Diamonds have the unit of weight carat, whereby one carat corresponds to 0.2 g. The size of a stone can be used to estimate its weight. In order to graduate a stone exactly, however, you have to weigh it, which is why the carat determination by size measurement is mainly used for set stones.
Carat - weight of the diamond in carats
ESG diamond purchase / trade
Diamonds are a mass product in the jewelry sector.
Due to the high volume of old gold, thousands of carat jewelery diamonds are valued, purchased and sold to diamond dealers for re-use in the jewelery sector every year. We are not interested in investment diamonds.
For the purchase process
- Is Jennie Blackpink prettier than Cardi B.
- A failure is a mistake
- Brahmins will receive a reservation
- What are hybrid orbitals
- SPF prevents you from tanning
- Reverse racism is racism
- Who will win the 2020 NBA Finals
- What educational challenges do schools face?
- Failure defines who we are
- What is the purpose of accounting
- At what temperature would the air freeze
- Sylvester Stallone is bankrupt
- What Companies Are Hiring Data Analysts In India
- When exactly did you just come out?
- Has nationalism supported or hindered human progress?
- What is Jewish about Zionism?
- How much does it cost to deliver with PostMates
- What is LOLwa
- Great Britain is a puppet of the USA
- How much does a pharmacy technician earn
- When was steampunk most popular
- Is a panther really a jaguar?
- There is a free people search
- General information about startups
- How deep do palm roots grow
- Russian kings still live abroad
- Why is Japanese food considered healthy?
- How to debug code with breakpoints
- Which operating system is Jeff Dean using
- How was your first sailing experience
- What are the best selling Air Jordans
- Are there overweight people in North Korea?
- Are paper towels cleaner than hand dryers
- What is the abusive word in English