Who designed the Prudential logo
Photo galleryThese are the largest insurance companies in the world
Uncertain times always mean good business for insurers. According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), insurance amounts alone account for nine percent of the gross domestic product of its member states. The current figure is from 2016. However, this assessment by the OECD came in very fresh: According to this, the total sum of insurance premiums rose in almost all countries in 2017. In Russia, life insurance even saw an increase of around 41 percent in 2017.
But which companies exactly benefit from the run on security? We have made the list of the largest listed companies in the world of the US business magazine "Forbes". The two categories "Life & Health Insurance" and "Diversified Insurance" were of interest.
These are the largest insurance companies in the world:
# 10 Assicurazioni Generali
The Italian Generali opens the top 10 largest insurance groups in the world. The company was founded in 1831 in what was then Trieste, Austria. According to Forbes, sales were last at $ 93 billion. The assets were reportedly around $ 647 billion.
# 9 Zurich insurance company
Zurich Insurance Company is the largest insurance group in Switzerland. Founded in 1872, the company ranks 110th on the "Forbes" list of the largest publicly traded company in the world. The key figures: $ 64 billion in sales, $ 401 billion in assets, and $ 48 billion in market value.
# 8 AIA Group
AIA is the largest pan-Asian listed life insurer in the world. The Hong Kong company celebrates its 100th birthday on June 2, 1919. The founder was the US entrepreneur Cornelius Vander Starr. AIA recently posted sales of $ 32 billion and assets of around $ 213 billion, according to Forbes.
# 7 Met Life
The insurance industry is largely dominated by venerable traditional companies. Met Life fits in seamlessly with this. The New York company was founded in 1868. With a turnover of 64 billion dollars and a market value of around 48 billion dollars, it ranks 78th on the "Forbes" list of the largest corporations. The company headquarters on Park Avenue was once designed by star architect Walter Gropius for the Pan Am airline.
# 6 Prudential Financial
Prudential Financial was founded in 1875 by John Fairfield Dryden. The company is located at the gates of New York in Newark. Almost 50,000 people work for the insurer worldwide. According to Forbes, sales were last around $ 61 billion.
# 5 Prudential plc
Another insurer with the promise of “sensible” in its name. UK based Prudential ranks fifth in our rankings with $ 112 billion in sales and $ 655 billion in assets. In the "Forbes" overall list, Prudential ranks 66th. Founded in London in 1848, the company operates in the UK, USA and Asia.
- Why do I tremble when I cry?
- How can I meet Emma Watson
- Why do Indonesians accept democracy
- Which desserts start with the letter R.
- How many people know each other
- Are wedding venues profitable
- What fuel is called black gold
- Are Americans still racist
- What is a political landscape
- What are uninsured motorists on auto insurance
- Why do African Americans vote predominantly democratically?
- What do you want without an ego
- How do you compare Ahmedabad and Surat
- What is Michael Gira's relationship to religion
- Can fascism be stopped 1
- Was Anil Kumble talented
- What is the shoe design course
- What industry is ready to be disrupted
- Will UK house prices ever fall?
- Who likes grunge music but me
- What is a popular cruise ship
- How do I shrink polyester clothing
- How did Yoda feel about Anakin Skywalker
- What does America mean